Re: [tracker2] USB interface request

  • Joe Krout
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30 3:40 PM
      Sorry Scott,
      You're right about the MAX232, something like this is what I was thinking of.
      http://www.beyondlogic.org/usb/ftdi.htm

      My thought was to add a USB interface to the Tracker2 to simplify
      interfacing to a laptop or non 232 Serial desktop. I know the same
      thing is accomplished using converter cable, but it would be one less
      piece to keep track of. We would still need the 232 port for the GPS
      or other data input of course.

      I have seen a TNC-X that had this feature, but the Tracker2 is a more
      versatile piece of equipment.

      Joe

      Message 2 of 2 , May 30 4:10 PM
        If I can ever get things worked out with the supplier, I should be able
        to get some cables with the adapter built in, configured so that they
        can power the tracker as well. It'll be functionally the same thing,
        but without having to load the board up with hardware you might not need.

        Scott