Parallel Port PIC programming Help

  • Phillip
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2008
      Hi,
      I am looking for some help with the programming of 16f628a PIC

      PC is a Toshiba 2140 CDS laptop running WIN2000 Pro

      I have a FoxDelta PIC Parallel programmer pre assembled
      http://products.foxdelta.com/icp.htm#icp

      I have tried WINPICPROG V 1.95 beta and Oshonsoft software and have asked
      both questions
      with no results the beta version is for the (a version chip )

      I have the parallel port driver loaded

      I am trying to up grade to aprs tracker code V0 11
      http://sharon.esrac.ele.tue.nl/~pe1icq/projects/aprstacker.shtml

      Reason for upgrade is that the FD version has no Altitude showing and I feel
      that the smart beaconing rate is to slow for our road speed
      and is more suited to EU

      I have tried every thing on the above software sites and tried all the
      different combinations of settings

      I have replaced the 74HC14 chip on the PIC board checked voltages etc

      Started with 13.8 Vlts regulated up to 18vlts

      How do I tell if the PIC is damaged internally ?

      Is there anyone using a Parallel programmer if so what program are you using
      etc..

      Any Help suggestions appreciated

      73 Phillip
      ZL2TZE