Using T2-135 with USB serial port

  • philgoodsandwalking
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2008
      Knowing that people have not had good luck using USB serial ports, I
      have had some luck based on Scott's recommendation of configuring the
      T2-135 (with a conventional serial port) to AUTOBAUD off, set the port
      A baud rate to something appropriate (like 9600 baud), and set AMODE
      to KISS. Then set up UI-View32 for host mode KISS, with no startup or
      shutdown commands.

      That seemed to do the trick, as I started up UI-View32 and connected
      via the USB serial port, I started hearing the call signs being
      announced. When I pressed F9 to beacon and expected to see the red tx
      led light up, but instead I got nothing nothing. The program shows
      it's pushing the data, but the T2-135 does not appear to be
      responding. Does that sound right? That the T2-135 is able to send
      data through the USB serial port, but not receive from it?

      Thanks,

      phil - WA6HOO!
      Message 2 of 2 , May 6, 2008
        Make sure you've got 1WIRE turned OFF. That could potentially interfere
        with handshaking. And if there's a handshaking option in UI-View32 (I
        can't recall at the moment) make sure it's off as well.

        Scott