Re: [tracker2] Re: OT2m not functioning as digi

    Message 1 of 40 , May 1, 2008
      Done.

      I didn't notice any that had both a long TXD and low deviation. I never
      copied any of the long TXD packets (not while I was listening, anyway)
      so I don't know what station(s) it was.

      TXD units on the T2 are bytes, so 1/150 second each. 1/4 second is
      about the most you should normally need.

      Scott

      EM Sharp wrote:

      > Can the sample file "flutter.wav" be posted on the ftp site (my audio
      > processing ability prefers direct file input -- I don't know how to
      > capture the audio as shipped from here). Alternately a time parameter
      > of where it occurs in the original Milan wav file would do.
      >
      > We have no issue with stamping out excessive Txdelay's!!! What is the
      > conversion factor from command parameter numbers to msec.?
      > Unfortunately, if this is the case I think it is, communicating with
      > the perpetrator is difficult if not impossible. Or are the long TXD's
      > and very, low deviation in different packets?
      >
      > Elmer

      > Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I've listened the first of the audio captures (Milan) and there
      > seems to
      > > be some sort of low-frequency pulse or flutter in there. I've
      > extracted
      > > a sample here, from a quiet section (possibly a tracker with very low
      > > deviation):
      > >
      > > http://n1vg.net/flutter.wav <http://n1vg.net/flutter.wav>
      > >
      > > Of course, it could just be a recording artifact. Anyway, I'm starting
      > > my first TNC test run now.
      > >
      > > Someone needs to tell the APRS users in that area that a 2-second TXD
      > > really isn't necessary!
      > >
      > > Scott
      > >
      > > Chris Kantarjiev wrote:
      > > >

      > > > For what it's worth - I had problems at one point with a digi setup
      > > > where it appeared that the TNC was deaf ... but the problem was that a
      > > > nearby power supply was putting out just enough hash to capture the FM
      > > > receiver. The hash wasn't obvious on a nearby handheld - I only
      > noticed
      > > > it because when switching between battery and the power supply, the
      > > > audio output from the receiver would go way up on battery.
      > > >
      > > > Perhaps something similar is affecting the OT2, but isn't obvious
      > in the
      > > > variables that your exploring.
      > > >
      > > > 73 de chris K6DBG

    • Keith VE7GDH
      Message 40 of 40 , May 6, 2008
        Greg NA2N wrote...

        > OK - NOT trying to be a jerk here.

        We wouldn't want to accuse you or Elmer of being jerks. Your collective
        postings speak for you.

        > We are all VERY grateful for the input and attempts to be of
        > assistance, but please trust me on this - we are HIGHLY confident that
        > we've looked at the easy stuff.

        If you are confident that you have looked at the easy stuff, perhaps
        it's time to look at the more difficult stuff. You could breadboard the
        2211 circuit and see if you can duplicate the OT2M performance you are
        seeing or improve upon it. The subject is "not functioning as a digi"
        but I take it you have a problem with decoding signals rather than a
        problem with the digi settings. However, at risk of being told that it's
        "easy stuff" what settings do you have in...

        1WIREWX
        ALIAS
        DUPETIME
        HOPLIMIT
        PREEMPT
        QUIET
        INTERVAL
        SMARTBCON (I know... it's supposed to be a digi)
        USEALIAS
        WAYPOINTS (I know... you probably don't have a GPS connected)

        What do these have to do with decoding? Probably nothing. Heck... you
        could do a DISPlay and post all of your settings.

        > PLEASE - no more well-meaning but un-informed comments from the peanut
        gallery

        Perhaps I should have just deleted this instead of clicking on send...
        sigh. What an attitude! It's insulting to the other people on this list.

        73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH