Re: [tracker2] OT2m not functioning as digi

    Message 1 of 40 , May 1, 2008
      Ok, anyone who's having a receive problem with the OT2m - can you please
      check the PCB lot number on the lower-right corner of the board, near
      the ACT LED? For that matter, if you've purchased one recently and it's
      working great, I'd still like to know the lot number.

      Scott

      Tom Twist wrote:
      > On Thu, 01 May 2008 16:40:20 +0200, Greg Becker <na2n@...> wrote:
      >

      >>> Have you confirmed that the units that aren't working right aren't
      >>> decoding the packets at all? I want to confirm that it's a reception
      >>> problem and not a problem with the digipeater code.
      >>
      >> Sorry - missed this in the last post.
      >>
      >> No, the "digi-challenged" units are not completely deaf - they just
      >> appear
      >> to be randomly selective about what packets they will and will not
      >> decode.
      >> For example, WA2MHV-15 with an OT2m will not digi me (or anyone else)
      >> anywhere within 15-20 miles of the site, regardless of radio, antenna or
      >> power supply. However, last week it was picking off random packets off
      >> the
      >> back side of a mountain 35 miles away, from both MY mobile (the same one
      >> which it won't respond locally) and other units on the same operation. We
      >> cannot identify any consistency to the problem.
      >
      > This is exactly my experience with two different OT2m units.
      > I have a third unit, but haven't had time to test it.
      >
      > I have tested with an OT1+ in KISS mode, connected to PC with UI-View,
      > an it works fine, on the same radio and antenna.
      >
      > I have also tested one OT2m with NĂ¼vi 350, and had little success in
      > receiving
      > messages from UI-View, thoug I could see the messages digipeated to an
      > I-gate.
      > Sending messages worked ok.
      >
      > I hope the problem gets solved soon, as these two uses were my main reasons
      > for buying the units.
      >
      > 73, Tom
    • Keith VE7GDH
      Message 40 of 40 , May 6, 2008
        Greg NA2N wrote...

        > OK - NOT trying to be a jerk here.

        We wouldn't want to accuse you or Elmer of being jerks. Your collective
        postings speak for you.

        > We are all VERY grateful for the input and attempts to be of
        > assistance, but please trust me on this - we are HIGHLY confident that
        > we've looked at the easy stuff.

        If you are confident that you have looked at the easy stuff, perhaps
        it's time to look at the more difficult stuff. You could breadboard the
        2211 circuit and see if you can duplicate the OT2M performance you are
        seeing or improve upon it. The subject is "not functioning as a digi"
        but I take it you have a problem with decoding signals rather than a
        problem with the digi settings. However, at risk of being told that it's
        "easy stuff" what settings do you have in...

        1WIREWX
        ALIAS
        DUPETIME
        HOPLIMIT
        PREEMPT
        QUIET
        INTERVAL
        SMARTBCON (I know... it's supposed to be a digi)
        USEALIAS
        WAYPOINTS (I know... you probably don't have a GPS connected)

        What do these have to do with decoding? Probably nothing. Heck... you
        could do a DISPlay and post all of your settings.

        > PLEASE - no more well-meaning but un-informed comments from the peanut
        gallery

        Perhaps I should have just deleted this instead of clicking on send...
        sigh. What an attitude! It's insulting to the other people on this list.

        73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH