RE: [tracker2] OT2m not functioning as digi

  • Greg Becker
    Message 1 of 40 , May 1, 2008
      > Have you confirmed that the units that aren't working right aren't
      > decoding the packets at all? I want to confirm that it's a reception
      > problem and not a problem with the digipeater code.

      Sorry - missed this in the last post.

      No, the "digi-challenged" units are not completely deaf - they just appear
      to be randomly selective about what packets they will and will not decode.
      For example, WA2MHV-15 with an OT2m will not digi me (or anyone else)
      anywhere within 15-20 miles of the site, regardless of radio, antenna or
      power supply. However, last week it was picking off random packets off the
      back side of a mountain 35 miles away, from both MY mobile (the same one to
      which it won't respond locally) and other units on the same operation. We
      cannot identify any consistency to the problem.

      Greg
    • Keith VE7GDH
      Message 40 of 40 , May 6, 2008
        Greg NA2N wrote...

        > OK - NOT trying to be a jerk here.

        We wouldn't want to accuse you or Elmer of being jerks. Your collective
        postings speak for you.

        > We are all VERY grateful for the input and attempts to be of
        > assistance, but please trust me on this - we are HIGHLY confident that
        > we've looked at the easy stuff.

        If you are confident that you have looked at the easy stuff, perhaps
        it's time to look at the more difficult stuff. You could breadboard the
        2211 circuit and see if you can duplicate the OT2M performance you are
        seeing or improve upon it. The subject is "not functioning as a digi"
        but I take it you have a problem with decoding signals rather than a
        problem with the digi settings. However, at risk of being told that it's
        "easy stuff" what settings do you have in...

        1WIREWX
        ALIAS
        DUPETIME
        HOPLIMIT
        PREEMPT
        QUIET
        INTERVAL
        SMARTBCON (I know... it's supposed to be a digi)
        USEALIAS
        WAYPOINTS (I know... you probably don't have a GPS connected)

        What do these have to do with decoding? Probably nothing. Heck... you
        could do a DISPlay and post all of your settings.

        > PLEASE - no more well-meaning but un-informed comments from the peanut
        gallery

        Perhaps I should have just deleted this instead of clicking on send...
        sigh. What an attitude! It's insulting to the other people on this list.

        73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH