RE: [tracker2] OT2m not functioning as digi

  • Greg Becker
    Message 1 of 40 , May 1, 2008
      I understand, Scott - and I'm sure that all your potential buyers at Dayton
      would like to know that the units actually work as advertised, not that
      there is an unsolved digipeating problem among a large number of users with
      disparate setups...

      Elmer has posted all the audio samples, etc. to the FTP site. There is
      nothing in common on our end among the units or the sites that fail to
      decode, fixed or mobile. Conventional, switcher and battery power have all
      been tried. The different sites don't have any spurious signals on .39 .
      There has really been an EXTENSIVE troubleshooting effort on our part here,
      and absolutely zero success aside from the belief that we have eliminated
      every other variable but the OT2m itself.

      We will all be interested to see the results of your look at the audio
      files.

      Greg

    • Keith VE7GDH
      Message 40 of 40 , May 6, 2008
        Greg NA2N wrote...

        > OK - NOT trying to be a jerk here.

        We wouldn't want to accuse you or Elmer of being jerks. Your collective
        postings speak for you.

        > We are all VERY grateful for the input and attempts to be of
        > assistance, but please trust me on this - we are HIGHLY confident that
        > we've looked at the easy stuff.

        If you are confident that you have looked at the easy stuff, perhaps
        it's time to look at the more difficult stuff. You could breadboard the
        2211 circuit and see if you can duplicate the OT2M performance you are
        seeing or improve upon it. The subject is "not functioning as a digi"
        but I take it you have a problem with decoding signals rather than a
        problem with the digi settings. However, at risk of being told that it's
        "easy stuff" what settings do you have in...

        1WIREWX
        ALIAS
        DUPETIME
        HOPLIMIT
        PREEMPT
        QUIET
        INTERVAL
        SMARTBCON (I know... it's supposed to be a digi)
        USEALIAS
        WAYPOINTS (I know... you probably don't have a GPS connected)

        What do these have to do with decoding? Probably nothing. Heck... you
        could do a DISPlay and post all of your settings.

        > PLEASE - no more well-meaning but un-informed comments from the peanut
        gallery

        Perhaps I should have just deleted this instead of clicking on send...
        sigh. What an attitude! It's insulting to the other people on this list.

        73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH