Re: [tracker2] T2-135 Profile Swtichng

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2008
      See my post about the handshaking line / jumper thing.

      AUTOBAUD's always been somewhat experimental. The problem is that it
      switches only when it detects 'noise' or framing errors, beyond a
      certain threshold in a given amount of time. If you're sending it a
      single character (like a carriage return) it can get stuck in the wrong
      baud rate if the combination of the character being sent and the rate
      it's being sent at doesn't result in enough errors.

      It's reasonably good at locking on (sooner or later) to steady data
      streams like a Peet Bros station or a GPS receiver, which makes it
      useful for switching back and forth between two devices like that.

      Scott

      Mark Miller wrote:

      > At 08:03 PM 4/29/2008, Keith VE7GDH wrote:
      > >It still had the default callsign of NOCALL in profile 2, but
      > >he later copied the settings in profile 1 over to profile 2 so his
      > >callsign would be in there "just in case" but as mentioned, he also
      > >removed the two jumper checkmarks.
      >
      > I have had to make profile 1 and 2 the same on my T2-135. I don't do
      > profile switching, so this has not been a problem. I have never been
      > able to figure out how to explain what is happening. The autobaud
      > routines are frustrating enough, so I haven't fought the profile
      > battle too much.
      >
      > 73,
      > Mark N5RFX

    • Mark Miller
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1 5:48 AM
        At 10:35 PM 4/30/2008, Scott Miller wrote:

        >It's not actually non-existent, it's one of the handshaking lines on the
        >DB9. When you plug it in to a PC, it'll switch profiles.

        Ahh yes now I see the connection. I probably would not have figured
        that out. Thanks for the autobaud explanation too.

        73,
        Mark N5RFX