Re: [tracker2] DIGIPEATER

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2008
      On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 12:16 PM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
      > > I'm not sure why it
      > > shows in lower case. In my experience, even if you enter MYCALL in lower
      > > case, the Tracker2 stores it as upper case characters. Perhaps Hessu
      > > from aprs.fi could explain this.
      >
      > AX.25 packets always have upper case callsigns. If it's showing up in
      > lower case on aprs.fi, it's probably just Hessu's formatting preference.

      Hm... it has probably been an object or item before. They can have
      lowercase characters and their names are supposed to be case sensitive
      (but on aprs.fi they're currently not). It's name has been saved in
      the database in lower case, and later it's type has changed from an
      object/item to a normal APRS station, but it's name (being case
      insensitive in aprs.fi) has not been changed in the database. You
      could call that a bug.

      - Hessu