Re: [tracker2] Nüvi 350 - station comments / Wa ypoint mgmt?

  • Steven Palm
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 23, 2008
      On Apr 22, 2008, at 12:29 PM, Scott Miller wrote:
      >> report. If waypoint management allowed it, you could wildcard all
      >> callsigns and wipe them out as a start. :) Okay, I can see this is
      >> probably not going anywhere useful. LoL
      >
      > And if the units would actually store the reserved, hidden fields
      > defined in the waypoint formats, I could tag them with identifiers
      > (and
      > creation times) to more intelligently age and manage them.

      Although this isn't exactly *AS* convenient, I've been reading today
      about other options... It seems like waypoints can be managed in the
      central database, such as via the Tracker2, via the user interface,
      etc... And it also seems as though you can upload .gpx files. If
      this is the case, I could always manage my "persistent" waypoints
      offline via .gpx and then wipe out any dynamic ones to flush APRS data.

      Nice try, but unfortunately "DELETE ALL" on the Nüvi 350 wipes out
      all of them regardless of file they are stored in, and there is no way
      to get a "subset" view. :(

      At least I could make an external .gpx file of those I care about
      and reload them periodically from the PC.

      Steve