Re: [tracker2] RE: OT2 bit-regenerator code?

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 19, 2008
      > hardware going to an OpenSource model is pretty much minimal. However,
      > the invasion by Argent Data Systems is well on it's way.

      For some reason that made me think of this...

      http://wondermark.com/wm_store.html#apparel

      > It does look like Bob limits his vision to only concepts that can be
      > supported in current hardware, where he should be pushing those
      > hardware providers hard to implement new concepts in their newer
      > hardware platforms. He has a great deal of impact with the hardware
      > developers, and could pressure them into helping advance APRS at a
      > much faster pace than we are seeing.

      Right, that's what gets me. Some of these ugly workarounds (like the
      whole WIDE2-1 path) are there because of minor bugs in one device.
      Fixing them wouldn't be a big deal, but Kantronics releases firmware
      updates at a glacial pace - and charges for them. Though charging for
      updates doesn't irk me nearly as much as pulling the KPC-3 upgrades to
      drive KPC-3+ sales.

      > Once Scott has taken over the APRS world, then we will have the upper hand.

      Muhahahaha. =]

      All I need is another 60 hours in the week! And unlimited funding
      probably wouldn't hurt...