OT2m fails to digipeat consistently

  • EM Sharp
    Message 1 of 42 , Apr 16, 2008
      We are having a problem with OT2m's failing to digipeat from certain
      locations. The units seem to work quite well from the test site, but
      do not decode and repeat reliably from another site. We have tried
      several things, unsuccessfully, to correct this. Now we wonder if it
      is perhaps due to a very high level of packet activity that is
      suppressing transmission because of the "quiet" parameter. This has
      been set to 2 sec. for most of the tests. Is it possible to set the
      quiet time to less than 1 sec? What happens if the parameter is set
      to 0 (zero).

      Does the "nice" parameter affect digipeating or just transmissions
      originated by the OT2m?

      We have noticed that the "decode" (green) led seems to flicker during
      packet reception rather than staying lit steadily; SWDCD is on.

      Elmer
      Message 42 of 42 , Apr 30, 2008
        You can zip them up if you want to keep them all together, and drop them
        on the server via FTP:

        ftp://aprs:14439@...

        You should be able to just paste that URL into the address bar in
        Windows Explorer and it'll show up like any other folder.

        Scott