Nuvi Problem

  • Clay Jackson
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 13, 2008
      Hi, Scott -

      Just tried my Nuvi 350 this weekend with the T2-135; and had no luck!
      When I connect up the cable, I get a double beep out of the Nuvi, but
      it doesn't show the Fleet Managament menu or do anything at all
      differently.

      I loaded the latest Beta Firmware from the groups - when I loaded it
      up, I noticed that the version that OTWINCFG reported was different
      from the version label on the file; could that have been a problem?

      I've tried the same setup on two different T2-135s - I only have one
      Nuvi right now. I've checked the physical interface, and it looks
      good (2 yellow, 3 white, black 5), and both the A and B ports are in
      Garmin mode.

      Help?

      Thanks!

      Clay
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 14, 2008
        I certainly hope I didn't get the files mixed up - I'll check this
        afternoon when I get a chance. Lost power for about 3 hours and
        Internet for about 12 yesterday (right in the middle of filing taxes!)
        and I'm trying to get caught up.

        For the T2-135, remember that it's wired opposite how the OT2m is
        configured - pins 2 and 3 are reversed.

        Scott

        Clay Jackson wrote:

        > Hi, Scott -
        >
        > Just tried my Nuvi 350 this weekend with the T2-135; and had no luck!
        > When I connect up the cable, I get a double beep out of the Nuvi, but
        > it doesn't show the Fleet Managament menu or do anything at all
        > differently.
        >
        > I loaded the latest Beta Firmware from the groups - when I loaded it
        > up, I noticed that the version that OTWINCFG reported was different
        > from the version label on the file; could that have been a problem?
        >
        > I've tried the same setup on two different T2-135s - I only have one
        > Nuvi right now. I've checked the physical interface, and it looks
        > good (2 yellow, 3 white, black 5), and both the A and B ports are in
        > Garmin mode.
        >
        > Help?
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Clay

      • Clay Jackson
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 14, 2008
          OK - bingo! Crossed wires!

          I'm heating up the soldering iron now!

          Clay
          =======
          On Apr 14, 2008, at 8:36 AM, Scott Miller wrote:

          > I certainly hope I didn't get the files mixed up - I'll check this
          > afternoon when I get a chance. Lost power for about 3 hours and
          > Internet for about 12 yesterday (right in the middle of filing taxes!)
          > and I'm trying to get caught up.
          >
          > For the T2-135, remember that it's wired opposite how the OT2m is
          > configured - pins 2 and 3 are reversed.
          >
          > Scott
          >
          > Clay Jackson wrote:
          >>

          >> Hi, Scott -
          >>
          >> Just tried my Nuvi 350 this weekend with the T2-135; and had no luck!
          >> When I connect up the cable, I get a double beep out of the Nuvi, but
          >> it doesn't show the Fleet Managament menu or do anything at all
          >> differently.
          >>
          >> I loaded the latest Beta Firmware from the groups - when I loaded it
          >> up, I noticed that the version that OTWINCFG reported was different
          >> from the version label on the file; could that have been a problem?
          >>
          >> I've tried the same setup on two different T2-135s - I only have one
          >> Nuvi right now. I've checked the physical interface, and it looks
          >> good (2 yellow, 3 white, black 5), and both the A and B ports are in
          >> Garmin mode.
          >>
          >> Help?
          >>
          >> Thanks!
          >>
          >> Clay

        • Clay Jackson
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 14, 2008
            As the soldering iron cools - that was the problem! I'm now in
            dispatch and a happy camper!

            Thanks!

            Clay
            N7QNM