Re: T2 beta firmware updated

  • Alan
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 12, 2008
      Scott,
      I will try running the radio open squelch. I e-mailed the owner of
      the digipeater that I am seeing most of the traffic from. He
      mentioned that I should try putting the station ID of the Tracker2
      into the path of the MicroTrak transmitter. So the path would be
      something like, "KD5LUW-5,WIDE2-2". I have not had a chance to try
      it yet, but I will give it a try.

      Thanks,
      Alan Slater
      KD5LUW

      > If it's something local that you should be able to receive direct,
      then
      > you should be able to see it. You might check the audio level from
      the
      > receiver, or try running it open squelch in case your radio has a
      slow
      > squelch and is missing the start of the packets.
      >
      > Scott
      >
      > Alan wrote:
      > >

      > > After watching the serial stream out of the A port while the
      Garmin
      > > is connected and working on the B port it seams that the only
      items
      > > that make it through the Tracker2 are ones that are repeated from
      > > digipeater. Is there any way to configure it to directly receive
      > > from another station?
      > >
      > > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:tracker2%
      40yahoogroups.com>,
      > > "Alan" <aland.slater@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I have the same issue with the serial port needing to be set to
      > > > Garmin. Auto does not work. Also something that I have noticed
      is
      > > > that when I use a Micro-Trak 300 it shows up on the Nuvi until
      it
      > > > makes it to a digipeater and shows up on aprs.fi. If I position
      > > the
      > > > antenna low in the room it will never make it to a digipeater.
      The
      > > > Tracker2 and the radio show Rx while it is transmitting but
      never
      > > > shows up on the Nuvi. Does this have something to do with the
      path
      > > > settings or someother setting?
      > > >
      > > > Alan
      > > > KD5LUW