Re: [tracker2] Re: 5v and LaCrosse 2310

    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 10, 2008
      I wish I could find the cable I built for testing so I could confirm
      this.. the pinout I worked from is this:

      ---

      RS232 Wire Colour Function
      Pin 2 RXD Orange wire Receive data from WS2300
      Pin 3 TXD Green wire Transmit data to WS2300
      Pin 4 DTR White wire Signal from PC to WS2300
      Pin 7 RTS Blue wire Signal from PC to WS2300

      Note:

      There is no ground connection.

      DTR and RTS are not used for handshake. They are steady DTR at negative
      voltage and RTS at positive voltage.

      Since there is no ground it seems that the WS2300 uses the DTR and RTS
      to define high and low. DTR must be low and RTS must be high for the
      communication to work.

      ---

      So from that it sounds like pin 7 (RTS) needs a high level, and the best
      place to get that is going to be pin 4 (GPS power out).

      Scott