Re: [tracker2] A/D inputs

  • Christopher Snell
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 7, 2008
      I'm also very interested in these metrics. I plan on sending a T2 up
      with my weather balloon and I'd like a simple way to gather these and
      send them back in a packet.

      Chris

      On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 12:19 PM, Joel Maslak <jmaslak@...> wrote:
      > On Apr 7, 2008, at 7:38 AM, Sean Smith wrote:
      > >
      > > What I'm looking for is the following:
      > > Analog
      > > -Supply voltage
      > > -temp inside shack
      > > -temp outside shack
      > >
      > > Digital
      > > -1 input to indicate wether commerial power is connected or not. I
      > > usually use a wall wort to give me this signal.
    • Sean Smith
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 8, 2008
        What voltage range will the A/D inputs handle?

        The internal voltage / Temp readings what postions are they located
        in in a telemetry packet? I've got a couple perl scripts I'm playing
        with to display the telemetry on a web page.

        Also can the the inputs be calibrated? ie using a LM335 temp sensor.

        Sean

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 8, 2008
          ADCs are 0-5 volts. The internal sensor can be calibrated with a simple
          offset. For an external sensor, it's going to return a raw ADC reading.
          The sequence of the telemetry values should be in the OT2m manual.

          Scott

          Message 4 of 11 , May 25, 2008
            Hi Scott,

            I've finally got time to work with the two Tracker2s I ordered a
            while back, I'm wondering where I hook up my exteral ADC's I'm
            assuming it's some where on the twin rows of 16 pads at the front of
            the unit. Couldn't find any thing in the manual or the schematics
            that are online.

            Configuring the units was a dream very straight forward, almost like
            they were designed to be user friendly....

            Sean

            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 10, 2008
              I missed this before... here's the pinout for the 16 pads at the front,
              starting at the 'M' in MON08:

              1 - PTB7/T2CH1 (digital I/O or timer channel)
              2 - GND
              3 - PTB5/T1CH1
              4 - Reset
              5 - No connection
              6 - IRQ (counter/transmit-now input)
              7 - No connection
              8 - PTA3/ADC3 (digital I/O or ADC input)
              9 - No connection
              10 - PTA0/ADC0
              11 - No connection
              12 - PTA2/ADC2
              13 - Clock oscillator (32.768 kHz)
              14 - PTA1/ADC1
              15 - +5V
              16 - PTB0 (digital I/O)

              ADC0 and ADC1 are reported in the standard telemetry string.

              Scott

              Sean Smith wrote:

              > Hi Scott,
              >
              > I've finally got time to work with the two Tracker2s I ordered a
              > while back, I'm wondering where I hook up my exteral ADC's I'm
              > assuming it's some where on the twin rows of 16 pads at the front of
              > the unit. Couldn't find any thing in the manual or the schematics
              > that are online.
              >
              > Configuring the units was a dream very straight forward, almost like
              > they were designed to be user friendly....
              >
              > Sean

              > Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > ADCs are 0-5 volts. The internal sensor can be calibrated with a
              > simple
              > > offset. For an external sensor, it's going to return a raw ADC
              > reading.
              > > The sequence of the telemetry values should be in the OT2m manual.
              > >
              > > Scott
              > >
              > > Sean Smith wrote:
              > > >

              > > > What voltage range will the A/D inputs handle?
              > > >
              > > > The internal voltage / Temp readings what postions are they
              > located
              > > > in in a telemetry packet? I've got a couple perl scripts I'm
              > playing
              > > > with to display the telemetry on a web page.
              > > >
              > > > Also can the the inputs be calibrated? ie using a LM335 temp
              > sensor.
              > > >
              > > > Sean
              > > >
              > > > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>
              > <mailto:tracker2%
              > 40yahoogroups.com>,

              > > > site.
              > > > want

              > not. I

              > same
              > > > as
              > > > exactly

              > inputs
              > > > overvoltage
              > just
              > > > somewhere
              > into it.

            • oe3mzc
              Message 6 of 11 , May 14, 2009
                Scott,
                I could not get ADC1 beeing reported. In some earlier documentation I found the standard telemetry packet of OT2m mentioned to be
                >T#,internalTemperature,SupplyVoltage,ADC0_Pin10,COUNTER_Pin6,HDOP_GPS,000000,Jumper,Profile

                For a ballon project it would be highly appreciable to have aconfiguartion utility in order to be able to select which ADCs or bits are reported in telemtry. This feature would add much functionality to OT1plus and OT2m.

                tnx
                vy 73 de Mike
                oe3mzc

                > I missed this before... here's the pinout for the 16 pads at the front,
                > starting at the 'M' in MON08:
                >
                > 1 - PTB7/T2CH1 (digital I/O or timer channel)
                > 2 - GND
                > 3 - PTB5/T1CH1
                > 4 - Reset
                > 5 - No connection
                > 6 - IRQ (counter/transmit-now input)
                > 7 - No connection
                > 8 - PTA3/ADC3 (digital I/O or ADC input)
                > 9 - No connection
                > 10 - PTA0/ADC0
                > 11 - No connection
                > 12 - PTA2/ADC2
                > 13 - Clock oscillator (32.768 kHz)
                > 14 - PTA1/ADC1
                > 15 - +5V
                > 16 - PTB0 (digital I/O)
                >
                > ADC0 and ADC1 are reported in the standard telemetry string.
                >
                > Scott
                >
                > Sean Smith wrote:
                > >

                > > Hi Scott,
                > >
                > > I've finally got time to work with the two Tracker2s I ordered a
                > > while back, I'm wondering where I hook up my exteral ADC's I'm
                > > assuming it's some where on the twin rows of 16 pads at the front of
                > > the unit. Couldn't find any thing in the manual or the schematics
                > > that are online.
                > >
                > > Configuring the units was a dream very straight forward, almost like
                > > they were designed to be user friendly....
                > >
                > > Sean

                > > Scott Miller <scott@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > ADCs are 0-5 volts. The internal sensor can be calibrated with a
                > > simple
                > > > offset. For an external sensor, it's going to return a raw ADC
                > > reading.
                > > > The sequence of the telemetry values should be in the OT2m manual.
                > > >
                > > > Scott

                > > located
                > > playing

                > > sensor.

                > > <mailto:tracker2%
                > > 40yahoogroups.com>,

                > > not. I

                > > same

                > > inputs
                > > just
                > > into it.

              • ki6tsf
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 7, 2009
                  Hi,

                  Is there a way to read(/write) to those from the OT2 scripting language?

                  Thanks and 73,

                  Bernard KI6TSF

                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 8, 2009
                    Not all of them are general purpose I/O lines. Anything that starts
                    with 'PT' is, though. You *can* control them through the scripting
                    language, but it requires using the POKE command and looking up the
                    addresses in the MC908AP64 data sheet. Also, the LCD code will be
                    trying to control 6 of those lines.

                    Scott

                    ki6tsf wrote:

                    > Hi,
                    >
                    > Is there a way to read(/write) to those from the OT2 scripting language?
                    >
                    > Thanks and 73,
                    >
                    > Bernard KI6TSF

                    > Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I missed this before... here's the pinout for the 16 pads at the front,
                    > > starting at the 'M' in MON08:
                    > >
                    > > 1 - PTB7/T2CH1 (digital I/O or timer channel)
                    > > 2 - GND
                    > > 3 - PTB5/T1CH1
                    > > 4 - Reset
                    > > 5 - No connection
                    > > 6 - IRQ (counter/transmit-now input)
                    > > 7 - No connection
                    > > 8 - PTA3/ADC3 (digital I/O or ADC input)
                    > > 9 - No connection
                    > > 10 - PTA0/ADC0
                    > > 11 - No connection
                    > > 12 - PTA2/ADC2
                    > > 13 - Clock oscillator (32.768 kHz)
                    > > 14 - PTA1/ADC1
                    > > 15 - +5V
                    > > 16 - PTB0 (digital I/O)
                    > >
                    > > ADC0 and ADC1 are reported in the standard telemetry string.
                    > >
                    > > Scott
                    > >
                    > > Sean Smith wrote:
                    > > >

                    > > > Hi Scott,
                    > > >
                    > > > I've finally got time to work with the two Tracker2s I ordered a
                    > > > while back, I'm wondering where I hook up my exteral ADC's I'm
                    > > > assuming it's some where on the twin rows of 16 pads at the front of
                    > > > the unit. Couldn't find any thing in the manual or the schematics
                    > > > that are online.
                    > > >
                    > > > Configuring the units was a dream very straight forward, almost like
                    > > > they were designed to be user friendly....
                    > > >
                    > > > Sean
                    > > >
                    > > > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>
                    > <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>,

                    > > > simple
                    > > > reading.

                    > > > located
                    > > > playing

                    > > > sensor.

                    > <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>
                    > > > <mailto:tracker2%
                    > > > 40yahoogroups.com>,

                    > > > not. I

                    > > > same

                    > > > inputs
                    > > > just
                    > > > into it.

                  • Mike Zwingl oe3mzc
                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 25, 2009
                      >> > ADC0 and ADC1 are reported in the standard telemetry string.

                      I think this is NOT correct.
                      The standard telemtry string of an OT2M looks like this:
                      T# internalTemp,Voltage,ADC0,COUNT,HDOP, 0,0,0,0,0,0,JUMPER,PROFILE

                      Unfortunately it only reports one ADC line and COUNTER from the M08
                      connector.
                      There should be a file in the files/picture section describing details.
                      For weather stations and telemetry applications it would be much better to
                      have more and selectable analogue ADC-I/O lines available.
                      However, you could use an OT1+ or OT1SMT...

                      vy 73 de Mike
                      oe3mzc