T2-135 / remote MIC commands

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2008
      I received a reply from Alinco via my dealer about the remote MIC
      functions not working on a DR-135T with their TNC installed... and the
      same with a T2-135 installed. The reply wasn't entire clear, but it made
      reference to the two wire red-black cable that comes from the front of
      the radio and plugs into the circuit board on the same side where the
      T2-135 installs. Their reply hinted that the remote MIC functions should
      work when the radio was not in digital mode and something about +5V
      being switched either to the TNC or to the MIC.

      I went ahead and disconnected the red-black cable. When it is in digital
      mode and only when it is in digital mode, I can now use (most of) the
      remote MIC functions e.g. I can...

      * mon probably works, but audio doesn't go to the speaker in
      digital mode, so effectively, it still doesn't work
      * change the power output
      * enter a frequency from the keypad, but apparently not if I'm
      in the call channel
      * press SET
      * go to the CALL channel
      * toggle from memory to VFO
      * toggle from VFO to memory but only if the VFO is in digital mode

      As before, the UP/DOWN buttons work and I can send DTMF from
      the MIC. Not a 100% fix, but it at least gains those functions while it
      is in digital mode.

      Scott - does this give you any ideas on how the remote MIC functions
      could be made functional with the T2-135 installed and without
      disconnecting the red-black cable?

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8, 2008
        > Scott - does this give you any ideas on how the remote MIC functions
        > could be made functional with the T2-135 installed and without
        > disconnecting the red-black cable?

        Not really. What's the disadvantage of disconnecting the cable? Does
        it affect anything in voice operation?

        Scott
      • Keith VE7GDH
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 8, 2008
          Scott N1VG wrote...

          > Not really. What's the disadvantage of disconnecting the cable?
          > Does it affect anything in voice operation?

          None that I can see. Basically, with either the stock Alinco EJ-41U TNC
          or the (far superior!) T2-135 installed, the remote MIC functions just
          don't work... except for the UP/DOWN buttons, and DTMF can still be sent
          from the MIC. With the red-black cable disconnected, I can't find
          anything that doesn't work. What I gain is that while the radio is in
          digital mode (i.e. the T2-135 is enabled) I regain the remote MIC
          functions. With it not in digital mode, none of the remote MIC functions
          except the UP/DOWN buttons work, and DTMF can be sent.

          73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH