Troubling seating cable W1 in T2-135

  • Bob Poortinga
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 2008
      I have a DR-135T Mk3 and I am unable after much effort and head scratching
      to insert cable W1 fully into the socket on the T2-135. It goes about
      1/2 the way in, but just won't fully seat. I have removed the small
      plastic locking nub from the connecter on the end of W1. That helped,
      but still no go. Inspection reveals that the pins on the socket on CN137
      are slightly smaller in diameter and square with beveled ends. The
      corresponding pins on the T2-135 are larger, round and have blunt ends.

      Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a solution? The sn of my radio
      is M002187. The T2-135 PCB is Rev 1.1.

      --
      Bob Poortinga K9SQL
      Bloomington, Indiana US
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 6, 2008
        I haven't run into any problem myself. The locking tab (at least on
        some DR-135s) does bend the connector hood a bit, but it should still
        engage securely. The connectors on the latest batch are made by JST - I
        think the Molex type fit a little better, and I might have to see about
        switching. Still, never had one that didn't work.

        Do the pins make contact fully? Can you send a close-up picture of the
        connector inserted as far as it'll go?

        Scott