Re: Serial Cable Length Between Nuvi & OT2m?

  • Mike Wren
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 6, 2008
      Sorry, I should have been more specific. I'd like to add a 10'
      section of cat5e with a set of db9's and sleeves, rather than hacking
      up the factory cable. Yes, the factory cable is quite long, but not
      quite enough.

      I assume adding the db9's won't make a difference vs. splicing the
      factory cable.

      MW

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 6, 2008
        Yeah, that should be fine.

        Prior to my Nuvi, I just used an off-the-shelf serial cable
        (male-female) run into my trunk for the GPSmap 60CS.

        Scott

        (I think I've been programming too much this weekend - I ended that
        sentence with a semicolon the first time around!)