MOSFET Trigger

  • saxdru
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2008
      I seem to recall that there was some way to remotely trigger the
      MOSFET on the T2 by an APRS packet. Is this an actual feature or am I
      just wishing it was?

      Thanks in advance,
      Dru
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5, 2008
        Yeah, you can use the POWER ON and POWER OFF commands to turn it on and
        off, or PULSE n to turn it on for n seconds.

        Scott

        saxdru wrote:

        > I seem to recall that there was some way to remotely trigger the
        > MOSFET on the T2 by an APRS packet. Is this an actual feature or am I
        > just wishing it was?
        >
        > Thanks in advance,
        > Dru

      • saxdru
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5, 2008
          I apologize for my ignorance in advance:

          Is there someplace that shows an example of how to send commands over
          the air?

          Thanks again,
          Dru
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 5, 2008
            I remember adding that to the manual, but maybe that didn't get
            published yet.

            Make sure the sending callsign is in the AUTHLIST (for now, this has to
            be done from the command line, not the config program). Then send an
            APRS message to the T2 and start it with 'cmd'. For example:

            CMD POWER ON

            Scott