RE: [tracker2] New Tracker Cable Order Page

  • Daron Wilson
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2008

      >2. Same thing with the power connectors. What is a Power Pole?

      I think many of us assume that is common knowledge in amateur radio:

      http://www.andersonpower.com/products/singlepole-connectors.html

      >3. Could you add a little quick-release adapter to the cable that lets
      >us change out different styles of power plugs? For instance, I would
      >like to buy a cable for my Icom with both pigtail and cigarette
      >lighter styles that can be interchanged quickly.

      THAT is where you want to use the power pole.  There is a standard configuration for the red and black power poles that we use for emergency communications.  Here is more info:

      http://home.comcast.net/~buck0/app.htm

      When it comes to power flexibility, these are the cat’s pajamas so to speak.

      Good Luck!