New Tracker Cable Order Page

  • Jason Rausch
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2008
      Thanks to Scott, many people email us for quotes on pre-made tracker
      cables. We have been working on streamlining the ordering process.
      Today, we added a Create-A-Cable function to the webpage that allows
      shoppers to specify the cable's makup and then add the custom cable
      to their shopping carts.

      The new feature is under the "Cables" page at:

      http://www.rpc-electronics.com/trackercables.php

      As with every new thing, we don't expect it to be perfect and we'll
      make changes as problems pop up. Please be patient with us ;o)

      Thanks!
      Jason KE4NYV
      RPC Electronics
      www.rpc-electronics.com
    • Christopher Snell
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2008
        Hi Jason,

        That page is great, but I have a few suggestions:

        1. Change the page design so that it makes it a little more clear what
        the different styles of radio plugs are. Perhaps a table that shows a
        sample of each.

        2. Same thing with the power connectors. What is a Power Pole?

        3. Could you add a little quick-release adapter to the cable that lets
        us change out different styles of power plugs? For instance, I would
        like to buy a cable for my Icom with both pigtail and cigarette
        lighter styles that can be interchanged quickly.

        thanks,

        Chris

        On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 6:53 PM, Jason Rausch <lists@...> wrote:
        > Thanks to Scott, many people email us for quotes on pre-made tracker
        > cables. We have been working on streamlining the ordering process.
        > Today, we added a Create-A-Cable function to the webpage that allows
        > shoppers to specify the cable's makup and then add the custom cable
        > to their shopping carts.
      • Daron Wilson
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2008

          >2. Same thing with the power connectors. What is a Power Pole?

          I think many of us assume that is common knowledge in amateur radio:

          http://www.andersonpower.com/products/singlepole-connectors.html

          >3. Could you add a little quick-release adapter to the cable that lets
          >us change out different styles of power plugs? For instance, I would
          >like to buy a cable for my Icom with both pigtail and cigarette
          >lighter styles that can be interchanged quickly.

          THAT is where you want to use the power pole.  There is a standard configuration for the red and black power poles that we use for emergency communications.  Here is more info:

          http://home.comcast.net/~buck0/app.htm

          When it comes to power flexibility, these are the cat’s pajamas so to speak.

          Good Luck!