Re: [tracker2] Re: T2 beta firmware updated

    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 31, 2008
      The config program grabs a listing file:

      http://n1vg.net/opentracker/firmware/ap64/list.txt

      That file specifies URIs for each firmware image. You can always look
      at that file yourself to see what's there.

      Scott

      Mike Wren wrote:

      > Depends on how you file_name ;)
      >
      > Of course, I'm assuming your otconfig config grabs aren't based on
      > filenames, since it seems rather cludgy to be grabbing a single
      > filename.for an update rather than querying a version_numbe_filename
      > (says a guy speaking from experience).
      >

      > On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 10:37 PM, Scott Miller <scott@...
      > <mailto:scott@...>> wrote:
      >
      > Yeah, no descriptions or build numbers though.
      >
      > Scott
      >

      > Jason KG4WSV wrote:
      > >

      > > On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 8:52 PM, Scott Miller <scott@...
      > <mailto:scott%40opentrac.org>
      > > <mailto:scott%40opentrac.org <mailto:scott%40opentrac.org>>> wrote:
      > > > Let me see if I can write a script to parse out the firmware
      > description
      > > > file and serve it up as a web page. That'll save me the trouble of
      > > > modifying the website every time a firmware update is posted.
      > >
      > > just allow directory reads, and dump it in a directory with no
      > html index...
      > >
      > > might be ugly, but quick and effective.
      > >
      > > -Jason
      > > kg4wsv
      > >

      > --
      > Mike Wren
      > Albany, NY
      > http://mikewren.com <http://mikewren.com>

    • Alan
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 9, 2008
        I have the same issue with the serial port needing to be set to
        Garmin. Auto does not work. Also something that I have noticed is
        that when I use a Micro-Trak 300 it shows up on the Nuvi until it
        makes it to a digipeater and shows up on aprs.fi. If I position the
        antenna low in the room it will never make it to a digipeater. The
        Tracker2 and the radio show Rx while it is transmitting but never
        shows up on the Nuvi. Does this have something to do with the path
        settings or someother setting?

        Alan
        KD5LUW

        --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Lyle Tanner" <kc7ipy@...> wrote:

        > So far so good on the new firmware. I forgot to manually set serial
        > port A to Garmin and my Nuvi 350 wouldn't detect it (flashing cable
        > icon in top right corner). I can't remember if this is the desired
        > result or not. However, once I set the serial port to Garmin mode,
        > all was well.
        >
        > Will try messages tomorrow. Noticed that commands have the new
        format
        > of "--" instead of "!".
        >
        > A useful feature would be the ability to create command shortcuts or
        > scripts for frequently used comments. For example, it would be very
        > handy to have several slots to store a comment value in (maybe 4).
        >
        > For example, I could set comment fields as follows:
        > 1.) Monitoring 146.520
        > 2.) Active on 442.800+ 100Hz
        > 3.) null
        > etc...
        >
        > Then, a shortcut could be used to set the comment field. Maybe
        > something like "--c2" would set the comment field to match the value
        > in field 2.
        >
        > Unfortunately, my programming experience started and ended with
        > introduction to Java. I would imagine that it would probably make
        > more sense to implement this on the user interface device (Nuvi 350)
        > than in the Tracker2, but getting new features added to a Garmin
        > product is fairly unlikely. :(
        >
        > As always, great work!

        > > I just uploaded a new beta version of the T2 firmware with FMI
        support.
        > > There are some major changes in serial data handling, so it'll
        need
        > > more testing before I make it the official release.
        > >
        > > FMI should recover gracefully when the T2 misses a text message
        now. I
        > > had it checking the queue every few seconds anyway, but for some
        reason
        > > the Nuvi likes to send ETA notifications and won't respond to
        message
        > > queue packets until it gets the ETA acknowledged.
        > >
        > > Duplicate messages should be eliminated, too.
        > >
        > > Scott

      • WILSON Jim
        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 9, 2008
          Hi,
          Anyone know what Australian Garmin versions work best with the T2?
          I don't think the 350 was ever released here. I can't find one with
          Australian maps at least.
          Thanks,
          Jim

          This email (including all attachments) may contain personal information and is intended solely for the named addressee. It is confidential and may be subject to legal or other professional privilege and any confidentiality or privilege is not waived or lost because this email has been sent to you by mistake. This email is also subject to copyright. No part of it should be reproduced, adapted or communicated without the written consent of the copyright owner. Any personal Information in this email must be handled in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). If you have received it in error, please let Stanwell Corporation Limited know by reply email, delete it from your system and destroy any copies. Stanwell is not responsible for any changes made to a document other than those made by Stanwell. Stanwell accepts no liability for any damage caused by this email or its attachments due to viruses, interference, interception, corruption or unauthorised access. If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email purportedly sent by us, please contact us immediately. If this is a commercial electronic message within the meaning of the Spam Act 2003 (Cth), you may indicate that you do not wish to receive any further commercial electronic messages from Stanwell by emailing mailto:privacy@....
        • Alan
          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 9, 2008
            After watching the serial stream out of the A port while the Garmin
            is connected and working on the B port it seams that the only items
            that make it through the Tracker2 are ones that are repeated from a
            digipeater. Is there any way to configure it to directly receive
            from another station?

            --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Alan" <aland.slater@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > > product is fairly unlikely. :(
            > >
            > > As always, great work!
            > >
            > > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Scott Miller <scott@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I just uploaded a new beta version of the T2 firmware with FMI
            > support.
            > > > There are some major changes in serial data handling, so
            it'll
            > need
            > > > more testing before I make it the official release.
            > > >
            > > > FMI should recover gracefully when the T2 misses a text message
            > now. I
            > > > had it checking the queue every few seconds anyway, but for
            some
            > reason
            > > > the Nuvi likes to send ETA notifications and won't respond to
            > message
            > > > queue packets until it gets the ETA acknowledged.
            > > >
            > > > Duplicate messages should be eliminated, too.

          • Alan
            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 9, 2008
              Does the digipeater part of the tracker2 work?

              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 12, 2008
                Yes, you have to set it to Garmin rather than Auto - it's got to send
                out commands to the GPS to start communications, and that would be a bad
                thing for it to do constantly in auto mode.

                Not sure I follow the problem with the Micro-Trak. You're saying that
                the T2 only receives it when it comes from a digipeater and not direct
                from the Micro-Trak?

                Scott

                Message 7 of 20 , Apr 12, 2008
                  If it's something local that you should be able to receive direct, then
                  you should be able to see it. You might check the audio level from the
                  receiver, or try running it open squelch in case your radio has a slow
                  squelch and is missing the start of the packets.

                  Scott

                  Alan wrote:

                  > After watching the serial stream out of the A port while the Garmin
                  > is connected and working on the B port it seams that the only items
                  > that make it through the Tracker2 are ones that are repeated from a
                  > digipeater. Is there any way to configure it to directly receive
                  > from another station?

                  > "Alan" <aland.slater@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I have the same issue with the serial port needing to be set to
                  > > Garmin. Auto does not work. Also something that I have noticed is
                  > > that when I use a Micro-Trak 300 it shows up on the Nuvi until it
                  > > makes it to a digipeater and shows up on aprs.fi. If I position
                  > the
                  > > antenna low in the room it will never make it to a digipeater. The
                  > > Tracker2 and the radio show Rx while it is transmitting but never
                  > > shows up on the Nuvi. Does this have something to do with the path
                  > > settings or someother setting?
                  > >
                  > > Alan
                  > > KD5LUW

                  > "Lyle Tanner" <kc7ipy@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > So far so good on the new firmware. I forgot to manually set
                  > serial
                  > > > port A to Garmin and my Nuvi 350 wouldn't detect it (flashing
                  > cable
                  > > > icon in top right corner). I can't remember if this is the
                  > desired
                  > > > result or not. However, once I set the serial port to Garmin
                  > mode,
                  > > > all was well.
                  > > >
                  > > > Will try messages tomorrow. Noticed that commands have the new
                  > > format
                  > > > of "--" instead of "!".
                  > > >
                  > > > A useful feature would be the ability to create command shortcuts
                  > or
                  > > > scripts for frequently used comments. For example, it would be
                  > very
                  > > > handy to have several slots to store a comment value in (maybe
                  > 4).
                  > > >
                  > > > For example, I could set comment fields as follows:
                  > > > 1.) Monitoring 146.520
                  > > > 2.) Active on 442.800+ 100Hz
                  > > > 3.) null
                  > > > etc...
                  > > >
                  > > > Then, a shortcut could be used to set the comment field. Maybe
                  > > > something like "--c2" would set the comment field to match the
                  > value
                  > > > in field 2.
                  > > >
                  > > > Unfortunately, my programming experience started and ended with
                  > > > introduction to Java. I would imagine that it would probably make
                  > > > more sense to implement this on the user interface device (Nuvi
                  > 350)
                  > > > than in the Tracker2, but getting new features added to a Garmin
                  > > > product is fairly unlikely. :(
                  > > >
                  > > > As always, great work!
                  > > >
                  > > > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com

                  > > support.
                  > it'll
                  > > need

                  > > now. I
                  > some
                  > > reason
                  > > message

                • Alan
                  Message 8 of 20 , Apr 12, 2008
                    Scott,
                    I will try running the radio open squelch. I e-mailed the owner of
                    the digipeater that I am seeing most of the traffic from. He
                    mentioned that I should try putting the station ID of the Tracker2
                    into the path of the MicroTrak transmitter. So the path would be
                    something like, "KD5LUW-5,WIDE2-2". I have not had a chance to try
                    it yet, but I will give it a try.

                    Thanks,
                    Alan Slater
                    KD5LUW