OT2m's shipping

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 24, 2008
      Boards showed up at 3:30 today. Managed to get 7 units out the door
      before the post office closed - got there with 15 seconds to spare.

      I think the majority of the pending individual orders have now been
      packed and are ready to ship in the morning. We'll start packing
      institutional orders tomorrow, too.

      I want to thank everyone for their patience. Not only did the contract
      manufacturer take twice as long to get this batch assembled as the last
      one, but demand increased way faster than I'd anticipated. Once the
      dust settles and these orders ship, I'm going to start planning the next
      production run of both boards and enclosures, and hopefully we'll be
      able to stay ahead this time.

      If anyone can recommend a good contract electronics manufacturer with
      0.5mm lead pitch SMT assembly capabilities in California, preferably San
      Luis Obispo or Santa Barbara counties, let me know. I'd like to find
      some place in driving distance to get future batches done, so I can keep
      an eye on things and reduce the cycle time for samples and revisions.

      I've already found a new place to get the enclosures made locally.
      Turns out it's the same place that makes Elecraft's enclosures, too.
      They already made the end plates for my new simplex repeaters, and I'm
      happy with the results.

      Scott
    • Paul Sinclair
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 25, 2008

        Scott,

        Good to hear. It’s always a nice surprise when packages arrive in the post when you’re not expecting them :P

        Unfortunately I wouldn’t have the first notion of contract assembly places in the locations listed. Unless you want to open shop in Ireland! (probably a bit dear)

        Cheers,

        Paul, EI5GTB

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 25, 2008
          --- Paul Sinclair <paul@...> wrote:

          > Good to hear. It's always a nice surprise when
          > packages arrive in the post
          > when you're not expecting them :P

          Unless its ticking ;o)

          Jason KE4NYV
          RPC Electronics
          www.rpc-electronics.com
        • mpeg2video
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 27, 2008
            http://www.goldenwesttech.com/index.html

            they are in Fullerton. I could help by visiting or picking up QC
            samples, or whatever.

            73,
            Chris - KD6OUB

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 29, 2008
              I'll keep them in mind.

              I just found a place only a few blocks from my office (I actually drive
              by every day) that makes some sophisticated RF equipment, and maintains
              their own PCB assembly capabilities in-house - but thanks to strategic
              changes, they now have surplus capacity that they're eager to fill. If
              they can give me a decent rate, I think I'm going to give them a try.
              If I lease the unit I've been looking at, they'll be about a hundred
              yards from my back door.

              Scott

              mpeg2video wrote:

              > http://www.goldenwesttech.com/index.html
              > <http://www.goldenwesttech.com/index.html>
              >
              > they are in Fullerton. I could help by visiting or picking up QC
              > samples, or whatever.
              >
              > 73,
              > Chris - KD6OUB
              >
              > > If anyone can recommend a good contract electronics manufacturer with
              > 0.5mm lead pitch SMT assembly capabilities in California, preferably
              > San Luis Obispo or Santa Barbara counties, let me know. I'd like to
              > find some place in driving distance to get future batches done, so I
              > can keep an eye on things and reduce the cycle time for samples and
              > revisions.

            • mpeg2video
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 2, 2008
                Scott,