Re: [tracker2] GPS pass-thru [was: new to the group]

  • Jason KG4WSV
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 24, 2008
      On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 2:15 PM, Steven Palm <n9yty@...> wrote:

      > There is not, but I think to effectively use this (I could be very
      > wrong here), you would want to have a separate serial port on the
      > computer to handle GPS data and the KISS data. I don't know of a
      > program that would want to see them commingled on the same port,

      there are some applications that do, as there are methods (HASP
      cable?) to combine the two, and I think the D7/700 will pass through
      NMEA data as well?

      that's the reason folks ask for this feature - they've seen it before,
      and we all have a shortage of rs232 ports on our laptops (well, except
      for you jokers with the 16 port PCMCIA adapters).

      -Jason
      kg4wsv