Re: [tracker2] Re: Firmware update

    Message 1 of 27 , Mar 18, 2008
      No, FMI shouldn't have broken anything - worst case, it might confuse
      some non-FMI Garmin receivers, but not if they behave like they're
      supposed to. I didn't take out any other functions, either. Proto C
      should work fine.

      Maybe next time I'll go to a switching regulator - they've got some out
      now that'll switch to LDO mode under low loads, so I guess it's the best
      of both worlds. (Switching noise AND sensitivity to capacitor ESR! =])

      Scott