RE: [tracker2] More OT2 Testing

  • Jason Rausch
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 18, 2006
      --- scott@... wrote:

      > Audio output is going to be higher than the OT by
      > default, with R21 at 100k.
      > Maybe I should change that. Replacing it with a
      > 220k resistor should give
      > it exactly the same output as the OT.

      I noticed that the OT2 was considerably "louder". I
      would suggest the part change.

      > You should see them at 4800 baud.

      I have had mine running in HyperTerm for about 3 days
      now decoding non-stop. Looks good so far. I played
      with KISS for a little, but I could'nt get UI-View to
      get past the port opening. Not sure why. Working
      fine with my TNC-X and KISS mode. I'll play with that
      more later.

      Jason KE4NYV
      RPC Electronics
      www.rpc-electronics.com
    • scott@opentrac.org
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 18, 2006
        > I have had mine running in HyperTerm for about 3 days
        > now decoding non-stop. Looks good so far. I played
        > with KISS for a little, but I could'nt get UI-View to
        > get past the port opening. Not sure why. Working
        > fine with my TNC-X and KISS mode. I'll play with that
        > more later.

        Hmm. Has to be a null modem cable or course.. and make sure you've got it
        set to 4800 baud. I think that's all the setup I had to do in UI-View.

        Scott
      • Brian B. Riley (N1BQ)
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 18, 2006
          Well,  OK! My OT2 finally arrived today. I am hoping I have enough time to get it together before I head for Baltimore Wednesday otherwise it will be early the following week.. I have a lot to do before I leave.

           Scott you are sure weren't kidding about the tight spacing on the microP socket ... I am wondering if it might not be 'cleaner' to do it with solderpaste and a heat gun.

          cheers ... 73 de brian  riley,  n1bq , underhill center, vermont

        • Heaton, Brad
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 18, 2006
            I had to clear all of the stuff in the "Into Kiss" fields and the "Exit Kiss" field for UI-View to behave right.  The OT2 is just in KISS, UI-View doesn't need to do anything to get into/out of KISS.  At least that is what worked for me.

            -Brad

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 18, 2006
              More OT2 Testing
              I didn't want to say in public but I had left the GPS/Fixed on Fixed from my premilinary testing and it wasn't really getting location from the GPS either.  It just happened to be right because I entered my location in the fixed location boxes so my position was ploting right on FindU.  It wasn't until I went to the raw packet page I noticed that all of the positions were exactly the same, no drift.  Opps.  Now that I have that fixed the led blinks once per second like it should for valid GPS fix.  Imagine that.

              Yes I do get different icons.  I haven't done the specialized ones.  I get a house, car, and an Eiffel Tower looking thing for the digipeater on the hill.  Very Cool.

              When can I get one of these for each of the foot teams I send out os SAR call-outs?  They would be elated if they could see where each other was while out looking for some lid who got their snow-mobile stuck, at night, during a blizzard, with avalanche conditions at extreme.  But that is a different story.  ;)

              One other question...  Is there a specific case these are designed to fit?  Have any available?

              -Brad

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 18, 2006
                Ah.  Good to know.  Yeah, if it's expecting some sort of response from the TNC after sending commands, it's not going to get it.  There's support in the code to accept TXD settings via KISS, but it's ignored right now.  Other than that, there's no host control of anything.

                Scott

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 20, 2006
                  I haven't had any trouble so far with a chisel-tip iron and fairly small diameter solder.  It really does make you squint to make sure you didn't leave any bridges, though.

                  Scott