T2 and the NUVI 350

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2008
      Hello all,

      Just need some input on where to go to find out what I need to do to
      hook the NUVI to the T2 and where to get the correct firmware.

      I'm planning on running the Nuvi 350 with the T2 and my Yaesu FT-7800.

      Thanks,
      Dave - W1DJG
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2008
        You need the appropriate cable, and you can load the T2 firmware using
        the 'web' button in the config program. Eventually it'll be merged into
        the standard release, assuming there are no problems discovered. No
        firmware changes are needed on the GPS side. So far only the Nuvi 350
        is confirmed to work 100% with waypoint display.

        Scott

        Dave wrote:

        > Hello all,
        >
        > Just need some input on where to go to find out what I need to do to
        > hook the NUVI to the T2 and where to get the correct firmware.
        >
        > I'm planning on running the Nuvi 350 with the T2 and my Yaesu FT-7800.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Dave - W1DJG

      • dondorgram
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2008
          I got a 350 and cable from Scott last week and simply hooked up the
          350 on place of my GPSMAP60CSx on port B and it seems to work fine.
          Still playing with the 350 message mode. I have built several Y
          cables for my OT2ms and use them all the time as it allows me to
          couple up laptop to port A for loading configurations or using KISS
          mode. I just wish I had waited a week and I could have ordered
          Scott's technicolour versions!

          Incidentally (for Canadian hams) I had previously ordered a
          refurbished 350 and cables from GPSCentral in Calgary, but cables had
          to be a special back order as they were not a stocked item so it took
          a couple of weeks. Hence my order through Scott in the meantime. I
          was in Calgary last week and picked up the order and avoided shipping
          charges so the net cost was about same. Scott gives excellent prices
          and shipping. My last order was placed on a Friday and got here the
          following thursday. And usually it sneaks in under the GST radar, so
          no extra charges!

          Graham VE6GW