Re: OT2 - Can I Send AND Receive? - Profile Switching Update

  • Bryan A. Thompson
    Message 1 of 33 , Mar 2, 2008
      Just a short note to say that with the latest firmware, my OT2M
      Prototype E board now handles profile switching correctly.

      We did a test flight of our balloon capsule in a plane today and got
      it to successfully switch both on the way up and on the way down.

      And no, at no point in time did I operate a radio!

      Bryan

      http://batee.com/projectsanddesigns/balloon_2/index.html

      > Thanks for confirming my findings, Bryan - I get the same mangled data.
      > I couldn't rule out that I hadn't screwed things up by installing a
      > different Prolific device first, though.
      >
      > I'll order a few of the model I've been carrying to fill in until I get
      > this sorted out. I'm going to be really annoyed if I wind up with 200
      > useless converters...
      >
      > Scott
      >
      > Bryan A. Thompson wrote:
      > >

      > > They have "HL-2303" molded into the DB9 plastic housing, so I think
      > > Prolific 2303 is a good guess.
      > >
      > > Believe Scott when he says they have issues. Driver they ship with
      > > isn't the most recent available from Prolific for that chip, but
      > > neither worked. Both caused the port to become "locked / In Use"
      > > after accessing with Hyperterm and wouldn't release the port when
      > > Hyperterm was closed. I didn't spend too much time looking, but I
      > > also saw at least twice that although the data was received from my
      > > serial GPS and a PIC demo board, it was just mangled when viewed in a
      > > terminal app. Definitely couldn't connect to a Tracker2 through this
      > > serial port. Good price, though...

      > > Scott Miller <scott@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Just a quick follow-up to this - I'm still sitting on these
      things due
      > > > to driver issues. The chipset shows up as a Prolific 2303, but
      I can't

      Message 33 of 33 , Mar 4, 2008
        The Nuvi (or any Garmin GPS for that matter) won't work on a
        unidirectional link. The protocol is bidirectional.

        Scott