Re: this is weird...

  • Chris Kantarjiev
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2008

      > You only need 2 conductors, and they should be the middle ones. In a
      > standard phone cable, they'll be red and green. Look at the two ends
      > side by side - the order of the colors should be reversed.

      Aha. The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to
      choose from!

      The cable provided by AAG doesn't flip the conductors. I swiped a
      phone cable and plugged in the station ... and the T2 wouldn't start
      up until I unplugged the station.

      I remembered that there is a jumper inside the AAG station that has
      something to do with the 5V supply and guessed that it might be
      starts up OK.

      cmd:devlist
      1-Wire Bus Scan:
      206FF90600000054
      10E63F1B00080051
      1D058601000000F0

      yay.

      cmd:1wirewx on
      1WIREWX ON
      cmd:wxinfo
      TEMP:55

      yay.

      cmd:wxinfo
      TEMP:55 WIND 225 AT 0 GUST 0 *

      yay - this is sitting inside, so the wind information is bogus.

      Now I plug the RH sensor into the AAG station:

      cmd:devlist
      1-Wire Bus Scan:
      206FF90600000054
      10E63F1B00080051
      26116C5A000000FE
      1D058601000000F0

      yay.

      But ...

      cmd:wxinfo
      TEMP:55 WIND 225 AT 0 GUST 0 *

      What's the asterisk mean? Do I need to wait longer to see some RH info
      (and data from the temp sensor that is onboard)?

      Thanks,
      chris
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1, 2008
        > phone cable and plugged in the station ... and the T2 wouldn't start
        > up until I unplugged the station.

        Oh yeah, if you're using a 4-conductor cable you'll want to take that
        jumper out. Thankfully the thermistor prevents shorts like that from
        doing any permanent damage!

        > What's the asterisk mean? Do I need to wait longer to see some RH info
        > (and data from the temp sensor that is onboard)?

        * means it's completed the cycle and has a complete set of parameters.
        I can't remember if I got RH into the WXINFO display or not.. it was
        taking up a lot of code space for what's mostly a diagnostic feature.

        Scott
      • Chris Kantarjiev
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 1, 2008

          > > phone cable and plugged in the station ... and the T2 wouldn't start
          > > up until I unplugged the station.
          >
          > Oh yeah, if you're using a 4-conductor cable you'll want to take that
          > jumper out. Thankfully the thermistor prevents shorts like that from
          > doing any permanent damage!

          Yay. Maybe this stuff needs to go into the T2 manual :-)

          > > What's the asterisk mean? Do I need to wait longer to see some RH info
          > > (and data from the temp sensor that is onboard)?
          >
          > * means it's completed the cycle and has a complete set of parameters.
          > I can't remember if I got RH into the WXINFO display or not.. it was
          > taking up a lot of code space for what's mostly a diagnostic feature.

          OK. I had to steal the cable from the DSL hookup, so I don't currently
          have enough wires to have everything working at the same time. More
          testing will have to wait.
        • Chris Kantarjiev
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 3, 2008
            I'm now getting a yellow blink on the LED every few seconds. Is that
            normal? Is that the 1-wire bus being polled, perhaps?
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 3, 2008
              That should be indicating a complete weather fix. Should be every 5
              seconds or so, mostly depending on how long the integration period for
              the anemometer is.

              Scott