Re: [tracker2] Re: NUVI 650 <> OT2

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 19, 2008
      > There also seems to be some problems with the timing of messages and
      > the acks thereto which produce multiple copies of messages--looks like
      > maybe packets delayed by digi routes are recognized as new packets,

      That's something I'll have to check out. It'll be easy enough to avoid
      duplicates when there's a single incoming message. If two or more are
      coming in at the same time, it'll mean building a list of message IDs,
      and there's limited RAM for that. I think eliminating 99% of the
      problem should be easy enough, though.

      > not duplicates of the same one. The "waypoint" command is too course
      > in that it doesn't distinguish between true waypoints and object,
      > items,etc.. With the lack of any way to edit these list in NUVI

      That could be considered a feature.. I think Bob's intention was always
      that they be interchangeable. At least as far as stations, items, and
      objects go. But it would certainly be useful to be able to separate
      them from all of the OTHER waypoints/POIs on the GPS.