Re: [tracker2] Temperature stability

  • Curt Mills
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 14, 2006
      On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 scott@... wrote:

      > If anyone wants KISS mode firmware, let me know and I'll get a file uploaded
      > for testing. Digipeating probably won't be ready for testing until this
      > weekend.

      I'm definitely interested in testing the KISS firmware. Problem is,
      I don't even know what the board looks like yet...

      > One issue that's come up with the current T2 design is that some GPS
      > receivers like the GPS 3+ require true RS-232 levels to work right. That's
      > going to require either an external adapter board, or a transceiver chip on
      > the T2. I can probably squeeze one in, but it'll raise the cost by around
      > $2, and the power consumption by 5 to 10 mA.

      Most devices these days will work with 0-5V or even 0-3V. I'd make
      it an external board and keep the T2 small/light.

      --
      Curt, WE7U. archer at eskimo dot com
      http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 14, 2006
        > I'm definitely interested in testing the KISS firmware. Problem is,
        > I don't even know what the board looks like yet...

        Ok, it's posted. Use the 'web' button to grab it. It's just a single-bit
        difference in a constant.. haven't had a chance to make it a config option
        yet. Oh, and it's hardcoded at 4800 baud for the moment.

        > Most devices these days will work with 0-5V or even 0-3V. I'd make
        > it an external board and keep the T2 small/light.

        I'm going to throw together an adapter board with an ST202 or something
        similar... really only needs a single non-inverting transmitter. It could
        go in a C6 case, but the C6 won't fit on the OT2m without blocking the radio
        port. A C4 might work, but would probably require some retooling. Or I
        could go with SMT and try to squeeze the whole thing in a DB9 shell. Hmm..
        know of any good metallized shells that have DB9s on both ends?

        I've been so busy with other stuff, I've hardly had a chance to touch the T2
        since Sunday. I did get the PSK31 firmware modified to allow carrier
        frequency selection, though... I'm proud of that. Thought it was going to
        be a real pain, but it worked way better than I expected. DigiPan decodes
        it all the way from 62.5 hz all the way up to almost 8 khz - and with a
        sample rate of 11 ksps, so it's decoding a Nyquist image! Didn't think the
        signal would hold up that well.