Re: MD-82 fly-by...

  • captnkliegle
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 14, 2008
      Hello Mark!

      Did you see a steady 'bread crumb' trail of reports? APRS.fi and
      FindU show only last few reports while landing in STL. I have the
      beacon set for 5 min intervals, but I also have a manual POS Send
      button which when I wasn't occupied, I fired off at 2.5+/- minutes.
      I noticed the timer set for 5 minutes was actually sending every
      4:50, I set the stopwatch when it automatically fired just to see
      how accurate the clock is. I think next is slotted beacons, using
      the clock from the GPS signals. Then I really know when it's firing
      off, other than turning my head 120 degrees and looking down at the
      LED.

      See msg elsewhere on groups about the GPS unit testing...
      73 de Kriss
      KA1GJU-6

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, mark.rice@... wrote:

      > Hey Kriss,
      >
      > I saw your APRS track near my home today and thought "Oh, there
      goes
      > Kriss!!!".
      >
      > My home QTH is Greenville, Texas (east of Dallas) and I work at a
      > facility on Majors Field (airport identifier is KGVT).
      >
      > Have fun poking holes in the clouds!
      >
      > - Mark
      > N4CMB

      Supercub)