Re: [tracker2] eeePC

  • Patrick
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 4, 2008
      Why leave out the GPS? Put in one of the OEM modules like this one:

      http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=8234

      and then you can have GPS in the machine when you want it, and still have the external
      antenna when you're in the car. Though that said, I have one of those modules in the
      portable aprs tracker I'm building, and even inside buildings it's able to acquire a
      satellite fix from a cold start... These new chip sets are amazing when you're
      experienced with the old (~1994) generation stuff.

      Patrick

      On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 09:18:44 -0500, Fred Hillhouse wrote

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 4, 2008
        That's pretty cool. I do have a bunch of old C6-size T2 prototype
        boards on hand if anyone ever wants to solder one up... I can probably
        find the docs for it.

        Scott