Re: [tracker2] Argent Data Website: Beta Release!

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 21, 2008
      May I suggest a link to the APRSWiki??  After all it was there that I found the link to here and this group,,,

      http://info.aprs.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

      73
      Steve, kf6wax

      On Jan 21, 2008 11:49 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:

      > 1. Somewhere on the site, you may want to have a brief explanation of
      > APRS. You may also want to have links to Bob Bruninga's site
      > (http://web.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprs.html
      > <http://web.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprs.html>) and the APRS Wiki
      > (http://info.aprs.net <http://info.aprs.net>). It will help the people
      > who don't know APRS
      > but who stumble onto your site using a search engine.

      There was actually an 'APRS Introduction' tab there when we started, but
      we haven't had time to tackle that yet so we left it off for the moment.
      I really want to get some good introductory material going, including
      having a real illustrator do some drawings of how the whole thing works.

      > 2. I wonder if it would be worthwhile to keep an archive of previous
      > firmware versions on the site.

      I'd rather not. There shouldn't be any reason to go back - if something
      stops working, I need to fix it and get an updated posted - and
      supporting all of the old versions takes too much time.