Configuration program updated

    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 16, 2008
      I've uploaded a new version of otwincfg - you can get it at
      http://n1vg.net/opentracker/otwincfg.exe

      This version fixes some problems with voltage conversion factors. If
      you were having trouble getting your T2 to switch profiles based on
      voltage, try it now. Note that beta versions (Proto C and earlier) will
      be wrong unless you replace a resistor.

      The file is about twice as large as it has been in previous versions,
      mostly because it's statically linked with the MFC library now. Windows
      users shouldn't notice any difference, but WINE users won't need to find
      the right DLL to go with it anymore.

      The only significant feature change is the addition of a frequency
      configuration page to support the RTrak (and anything else that might in
      the future make use of the MX146 transmitter.)

      I've uploaded a screen shot of the frequency screen to the OpenTracker
      group's file section. There are 8 channels available, and they're
      global - not specific to a single profile. Each profile has a selection
      for primary and secondary channel. You can specify a specific channel
      for each or indicate that the channel is selected by the rotary selector
      switch on the RTrak board.

      You can choose to use the secondary frequency every n transmissions.
      This is likely to be of interest to high-altitude balloon users, who
      might want to transmit on a dedicated channel every 10 seconds and on
      the 144.39 digipeater network every 60 seconds, for example.

      Scott
    • Keith VE7GDH
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 18, 2008
        Scott N1VG wrote...

        > I've uploaded a new version of otwincfg - you can get it at
        > http://n1vg.net/opentracker/otwincfg.exe

        and later...

        > This version fixes the AUTHLIST bug that was causing problems
        > when the list had a 6 character callsign followed by a non-blank
        > entry.

        I'm using the new config program and managed to successfully send
        commands to a T2-135 with two (6 character) callsigns in the AUTHLIST.

        I got to playing around with TXDELAY. I won't say what I had it set to
        previously, but I tried TXDELAY 3 and had some success, but backed it
        off to 10. Can you confirm that the setting is x 10 ms?

        Also, the new config program doesn't seem to have a place to enter the
        TXDELAY. I'm adjusting it in a terminal program. Has it been removed
        from otwincfg.exe?

        73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 18, 2008
          > I got to playing around with TXDELAY. I won't say what I had it set to
          > previously, but I tried TXDELAY 3 and had some success, but backed it
          > off to 10. Can you confirm that the setting is x 10 ms?

          Since a few versions ago, it's in byte times, actually. At 1200 baud
          it's going to be around 6.6 ms.

          > Also, the new config program doesn't seem to have a place to enter the
          > TXDELAY. I'm adjusting it in a terminal program. Has it been removed
          > from otwincfg.exe?

          Should be down in the lower right corner, grouped with the radio
          interface settings.

          Scott
        • Keith VE7GDH
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 18, 2008
            I wrote...

            > Also, the new config program doesn't seem to have a place to enter the
            > TXDELAY. I'm adjusting it in a terminal program. Has it been removed
            > from otwincfg.exe?

            I must be blind! I looked the config program over several times and just
            didn't see it down near the bottom right corner!

            73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
          • Keith VE7GDH
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 18, 2008
              I wrote...

              > I got to playing around with TXDELAY. I won't say what I had
              > it set to previously, but I tried TXDELAY 3 and had some success,
              > but backed it off to 10. Can you confirm that the setting is x 10 ms?

              OK... now that I've found the TXDELAY in the config program, I set it to
              100 ms in the config program. When I interrogate it in a terminal
              program, it comes back as 25. Is there any documentation to indicate the
              units when set via a terminal program. Perhaps the manual could be
              updated sometime to indicate this.

              Now I'm really getting confused. In both profile 1 & 2, using
              otwincfg.exe, the TXDELAY is set to 100. When I interrogate it using a
              terminal program, it comes back as 25. Any ideas or explanations?

              73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 18, 2008
                Oh yeah... I forgot about the conversion factor. There's some unit
                conversion going on in the config program that's a throwback to the old
                setup. I may wind up adjusting the display a bit again to make it
                reflect some useful unit of measure, or I could just omit the conversion
                to make it consistent with the terminal. The terminal doesn't do unit
                conversions to save code space.

                Scott

                Keith VE7GDH wrote:

                > I wrote...
                >
                > > I got to playing around with TXDELAY. I won't say what I had
                > > it set to previously, but I tried TXDELAY 3 and had some success,
                > > but backed it off to 10. Can you confirm that the setting is x 10 ms?
                >
                > OK... now that I've found the TXDELAY in the config program, I set it to
                > 100 ms in the config program. When I interrogate it in a terminal
                > program, it comes back as 25. Is there any documentation to indicate the
                > units when set via a terminal program. Perhaps the manual could be
                > updated sometime to indicate this.
                >
                > Now I'm really getting confused. In both profile 1 & 2, using
                > otwincfg.exe, the TXDELAY is set to 100. When I interrogate it using a
                > terminal program, it comes back as 25. Any ideas or explanations?
                >
                > 73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH

              • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 18, 2008
                  --- Keith VE7GDH <ve7gdh@...> wrote:

                  > I'm using the new config program and managed to
                  > successfully send
                  > commands to a T2-135 with two (6 character)
                  > callsigns in the AUTHLIST.

                  Keith,

                  could you try three (6 char) callsigns? I got an ack7
                  but then no response to the command.

                  Paulus

                  Be a better friend, newshound, and
                • Keith VE7GDH
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 18, 2008
                    Paulus N5SNN wrote...

                    > could you try three (6 char) callsigns? I got an ack7
                    > but then no response to the command.

                    I just added a third callsign remotely (all 6 characters) and can still
                    send commands OK to the T2-135.

                    73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
                  • Yono Adisoemarta
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 20, 2008
                      Ok, got it working fine with UIview with OT+. Then I went back to my D700, and now everything is working too. Dunno what had happened the day before.

                      de Paulus - N5SNN

                      Sent from my iPhone

                      On Jan 19, 2008, at 6:35 AM, "Keith VE7GDH" <ve7gdh@...> wrote:

                      Paulus N5SNN wrote...

                      could you try three (6 char) callsigns? I got an ack7
                      but then no response to the command.

                      I just added a third callsign remotely (all 6 characters) and can still
                      send commands OK to the T2-135.

                      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH

                      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                    • Manfred
                      Message 10 of 14 , May 28, 2009
                        Hi Scott!

                        I'm still a little bit confused with the different TXDELAY values.

                        My TXDELAY setup for the T2:
                        Config programm = 100ms; cmd txdelay reports 25.

                        With the conversion factor of 1/150s 25 would be 167ms.

                        Which value is wrong - config program or commandline?

                        73 de Manfred,OE7AAI

                        Message 11 of 14 , Jun 2, 2009
                          It's actually sending 1 HDLC FLAG character for each delay unit, so
                          8/1200 = 6.66 ms per unit, 166.66 ms for a setting of 25. I'll make a
                          note to myself to fix the conversion factor in otwincfg.

                          Scott

                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 1, 2016
                            Hi all,

                            I finally figured out what was going on with the 'invalid address' error
                            when using the download button in otwincfg. It took having someone else
                            try it to catch the problem - turns out it only happened if you clicked
                            the 'erase and reload' checkbox and not when using the 'web' button once
                            you're already connected. Apparently I never properly tested that mode
                            with the T3.

                            Scott
                            N1VG
                          • n7ubo
                            Message 13 of 14 , Apr 1, 2016
                              So, will the erase and reload checkbox be deleted from otwinconfig ? I just downloaded the program again to see if it was still there, and it is.
                              Message 14 of 14 , Apr 1, 2016
                                It's still there.  The problem was that the Internet button didn't work with the T3 in that mode.  I'd apparently only ever tested it with the local file button.  Every other tracker works fine with it, but the T3 has a different memory setup and the program wasn't using the right option for it.

                                Scott