Re: [tracker2] Argent Data Website: Beta Release!

  • Keri Morgret
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 16, 2008
      We've got a link on the support landing page to both groups, but
      adding links in the Tracker2 and OpenTracker+ section of products
      and/or support is a good idea. Thanks!

      Keri

      At 08:37 AM 1/16/2008, Tyson S. wrote:
      >I don't know if it was on purpose or not but I think it would be
      >useful to place links to this Yahoo mailing group on both the
      >Tracker2 product page and the support page. Probably the same would
      >go for any of the other products that have a Yahoo group.
      >
      >N7ZMR
    • Bob Burns W9RXR
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 21, 2008
        At 01:19 AM 1/15/2008, Keri Morgret wrote:

        >As we mentioned before, Scott and I have been busy redesigning the
        >Argent Data website. It's still in the final stages of development,
        >but we invite you to come check it out and give us your feedback.

        I was poking around on the test site this morning and I have a couple
        of comments:

        1. Somewhere on the site, you may want to have a brief explanation of
        APRS. You may also want to have links to Bob Bruninga's site
        (http://web.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprs.html) and the APRS Wiki
        (http://info.aprs.net). It will help the people who don't know APRS
        but who stumble onto your site using a search engine.

        2. I wonder if it would be worthwhile to keep an archive of previous
        firmware versions on the site.

        You've done a great job. Well organized and easy to navigate. Looks
        good in IE7.

        Bob...
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 21, 2008
          > 1. Somewhere on the site, you may want to have a brief explanation of
          > APRS. You may also want to have links to Bob Bruninga's site
          > (http://web.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprs.html
          > <http://web.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprs.html>) and the APRS Wiki
          > (http://info.aprs.net <http://info.aprs.net>). It will help the people
          > who don't know APRS
          > but who stumble onto your site using a search engine.

          There was actually an 'APRS Introduction' tab there when we started, but
          we haven't had time to tackle that yet so we left it off for the moment.
          I really want to get some good introductory material going, including
          having a real illustrator do some drawings of how the whole thing works.

          > 2. I wonder if it would be worthwhile to keep an archive of previous
          > firmware versions on the site.

          I'd rather not. There shouldn't be any reason to go back - if something
          stops working, I need to fix it and get an updated posted - and
          supporting all of the old versions takes too much time.

          Scott
        • Steve
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 21, 2008
            May I suggest a link to the APRSWiki??  After all it was there that I found the link to here and this group,,,

            http://info.aprs.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

            73
            Steve, kf6wax