Port B tracking

  • Tyson S.
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2008
      Before I spent the time building the cables I thought I would ask here first, can I hook a GPS (Garmin) up to the T2 via pins 7 & 8 to feed GPS data to the T2 and waypoint info back to the GPS and have it work as a mobile tracker? and at the same time this is happening I would like to use port A to feed received data to USAPhotomaps as needed. I am currently not using KISS on port A to feed data to USAPmaps and it works just fine, I currently do not care about transmitting anything via the software on port A, just need to view.

      N7ZMR

      Looking for last minute shopping deals?
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 8, 2008
        Yes, that should work fine. I actually got a quote on 'Y' cable
        assemblies that'd split out the two ports (with color-coded ends so you
        know which is which) but the low quote I got makes me wonder if they
        really understood what I'm asking for - they'd be cheaper than the
        speaker-mic cables I'm importing now, though increased freight would
        probably eat up the difference. I'll see if I can get a sample from them.

        Scott