Re: [tracker2] AUTHLIST COMMAND ACTION

  • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 7, 2008
      Jason,

      One callsign on authlist, regardless of length, always
      works.

      The problem that I got was after adding a second
      callsign, then I got a Reject (regardless of which
      callsign I use to send the message). Both callsigns
      are of 6 chars of length.

      But 2 callsigns of 5 chars length, works fine, as
      reported by Bruce and I can duplicate it.

      So, whenever you got the chance to work on your T2,
      try adding a second callsign on authlist of 6 chars
      length, and see if you got a Reject or not.

      73 de Paulus

      --- Jason KG4WSV <kg4wsv@...> wrote:

      > On Jan 7, 2008 9:24 PM, P. Suryono Adisoemarta
      > <yono_adisoemarta@...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > So I changed my D700A to my US callsign (N5SNN),
      > put
      > > N5SNN and your callsign on the authlist, and now 2
      > > callsigns on the authlist WORKS!
      > >
      > > cmd:authlist
      > > AUTHLIST N5SNN, KQ4TV
      > >
      > > To reconfirm, I went back to my Indonesian
      > callsign,
      > > and one other digi maintainer's callsign, and got
      > RejZ
      > > again.
      > >
      > > cmd:authlist
      > > AUTHLIST YD0NXX, YC2WAN
      > >
      > > The difference is the length of the callsign.
      >

      > hmm, my callsign works fine (kg4wsv), but it's the
      > only one on the list. I
      > have my T2 temporarily hosed up, so I can't add any
      > test data to the
      > discussion...
      >
      > -Jason
      > kg4wsv

      Looking for last minute shopping deals?
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 7, 2008
        Ok, I'm guessing that what must be going on is that a terminating null
        is getting written to the authlist table when a call is added. If
        that's the last call, it won't affect anything. If it's not, it'll wipe
        out the next call in the list. Now that I know it's length-related,
        I'll see if I can duplicate it.

        Scott

        P. Suryono Adisoemarta wrote:

        > Jason,
        >
        > One callsign on authlist, regardless of length, always
        > works.
        >
        > The problem that I got was after adding a second
        > callsign, then I got a Reject (regardless of which
        > callsign I use to send the message). Both callsigns
        > are of 6 chars of length.
        >
        > But 2 callsigns of 5 chars length, works fine, as
        > reported by Bruce and I can duplicate it.
        >
        > So, whenever you got the chance to work on your T2,
        > try adding a second callsign on authlist of 6 chars
        > length, and see if you got a Reject or not.
        >
        > 73 de Paulus
        >
        > --- Jason KG4WSV <kg4wsv@... <mailto:kg4wsv%40gmail.com>> wrote:
        >
        > > On Jan 7, 2008 9:24 PM, P. Suryono Adisoemarta
        > > <yono_adisoemarta@... <mailto:yono_adisoemarta%40yahoo.com>>
        > > wrote:
        > >
        > > > So I changed my D700A to my US callsign (N5SNN),
        > > put
        > > > N5SNN and your callsign on the authlist, and now 2
        > > > callsigns on the authlist WORKS!
        > > >
        > > > cmd:authlist
        > > > AUTHLIST N5SNN, KQ4TV
        > > >
        > > > To reconfirm, I went back to my Indonesian
        > > callsign,
        > > > and one other digi maintainer's callsign, and got
        > > RejZ
        > > > again.
        > > >
        > > > cmd:authlist
        > > > AUTHLIST YD0NXX, YC2WAN
        > > >
        > > > The difference is the length of the callsign.
        > >

        > > hmm, my callsign works fine (kg4wsv), but it's the
        > > only one on the list. I
        > > have my T2 temporarily hosed up, so I can't add any
        > > test data to the
        > > discussion...
        > >
        > > -Jason
        > > kg4wsv

        > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.
        > <http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping>

      • Keith VE7GDH
        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 7, 2008
          Scott N1VG wrote...

          > Ok, I'm guessing that what must be going on is that a terminating
          > null is getting written to the authlist table when a call is added.
          > If that's the last call, it won't affect anything. If it's not, it'll
          > wipe out the next call in the list. Now that I know it's
          > length-related, I'll see if I can duplicate it.

          FYI... a few weeks ago, I was giving someone a hand setting up a T2-135
          as a digi. He couldn't add his callsign to the AUTHLIST. I assumed it
          was a syntax error, but later he managed to add my callsign. I did some
          changes remotely. Later, I tried to add his callsign to the AUTHLIST. It
          looked like it worked, but later it wouldn't respond to my commands...
          e.g.

          REJ received for msg. no. 70, W7PFR will NOT have seen the message.

          73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 9, 2008
            I need to roll back to the last release firmware and test it - maybe I
            fixed something along the way, because I can't duplicate the problem. I
            ran through a bunch of adds and deletes with various length callsigns,
            and the list still looks just fine.

            Scott

            P. Suryono Adisoemarta wrote:

            > --- "Bruce W. Martin" <yahoo@... <mailto:yahoo%40bwm.us>> wrote:
            >
            > > The test using the second callsign tonight worked
            > > just fine.
            > >

            > Bruce,
            > thanks for the report.
            >
            > It dawned on me that this might be a truncated
            > variable problem, due to long callsigns.
            >
            > So I changed my D700A to my US callsign (N5SNN), put
            > N5SNN and your callsign on the authlist, and now 2
            > callsigns on the authlist WORKS!
            >
            > cmd:authlist
            > AUTHLIST N5SNN, KQ4TV
            >
            > To reconfirm, I went back to my Indonesian callsign,
            > and one other digi maintainer's callsign, and got RejZ
            > again.
            >
            > cmd:authlist
            > AUTHLIST YD0NXX, YC2WAN
            >
            > The difference is the length of the callsign.
            >
            > Scott,
            > this observation hopefully might help you in fixing
            > this bug.
            >
            > 73 de Paulus - N5SNN / YD0NXX

            > Be a better friend, newshound, and
            > <http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>

          • Keith VE7GDH
            Message 5 of 20 , Jan 11, 2008
              Scott N1VG wrote...

              > I need to roll back to the last release firmware and test it -
              > maybe I fixed something along the way, because I can't duplicate
              > the problem. I ran through a bunch of adds and deletes with
              > various length callsigns, and the list still looks just fine.

              I'm using T2-135 version 54433. I can add multiple callsigns to
              AUTHLIST, but with more than one callsign in the list, it will no longer
              respond to remote callsigns from any of the authorized callsigns. I
              could even add a second callsign remotely, but that locked me out after
              that.

              73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
              Message 6 of 20 , Jan 11, 2008
                Got it! The problem would only pop up if you had a callsign that was 6
                characters long AND there was a callsign in the next slot. It was just
                a strcmp() that should have been a strncmp(). It'll go out in the next
                update.

                Scott

                Keith VE7GDH wrote:

                > Scott N1VG wrote...
                >
                > > I need to roll back to the last release firmware and test it -
                > > maybe I fixed something along the way, because I can't duplicate
                > > the problem. I ran through a bunch of adds and deletes with
                > > various length callsigns, and the list still looks just fine.
                >
                > I'm using T2-135 version 54433. I can add multiple callsigns to
                > AUTHLIST, but with more than one callsign in the list, it will no longer
                > respond to remote callsigns from any of the authorized callsigns. I
                > could even add a second callsign remotely, but that locked me out after
                > that.
                >
                > 73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH

              • Keith VE7GDH
                Message 7 of 20 , Jan 11, 2008
                  Scott N1VG wrote...

                  > Got it! The problem would only pop up if you had a callsign that
                  > was 6 characters long AND there was a callsign in the next slot...

                  Hey, that's terrific! That will be good news for the control (cmd)
                  freaks!

                  Is it feed a fever and starve a code? hi!

                  73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH