Re: [tracker2] AUTHLIST COMMAND ACTION

  • Bruce W. Martin
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 7, 2008
      The test using the second callsign tonight worked just fine.

      Bruce

      On Jan 7, 2008, at 9:06 AM, Bruce W. Martin wrote:

      > On Jan 4, 2008, at 5:44 PM, P. Suryono Adisoemarta wrote:
      >

      >> Bruce,
      >>
      >> How many callsigns in the authlist when you test
      >> making the changes?
      >
      > Initially I had two but it was not working until I deleted all and put
      > in just one.
      >
      >> Two nights ago I was at another city, and tested on
      >> another T2 board (proto B), and duplicate the problem
      >> that more than 1 callsigns on the authlist would
      >> generate a reject.
      >> "authlist +yd0nxx" works, but if I add another one
      >> "authlist +yc2wan" then I got a reject.
      >>
      >> Could you try having 2 callsigns on the authlist and
      >> duplicate this observation?
      >
      > I put in a second callsign in the authlist and was able to make
      > changes in the OT2 this morning using the callsign in the first
      > position. I need to test tonight with the other callsign.
      >
      > Bruce
      >

      >> 73 de Paulus - N5SNN/YD0NXX
      >>

      >> --- "Bruce W. Martin" <yahoo@...> wrote:
      >>
      >>> After finally getting my Truck out of the shop I was
      >>> able to test the
      >>> remote management of the OT2m. I finally was able to
      >>> make two changes
      >>> remotely. I finally got it to work after deleting
      >>> all of the auth
      >>> callsigns and putting one back in. I am pretty sure
      >>> that a space was
      >>> in the first one because I could not remove it until
      >>> I put in the
      >>> extra space. Probably needs a note in the Docs or
      >>> FAQ. I will put in
      >>> another tonight and test it and report again.
      >>>
      >>> For the new Website:
      >>>
      >>> Docs need some examples of remote admin.
      >>>
      >>> More Later,
      >>>
      >>> Bruce, KQ4TV

      >>> the + and the

      >>> commands
      >>> then I

      > --
      > Bruce W. Martin, KQ4TV
      > Tennessee Balloon Group, NT4BG
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 7, 2008
        --- "Bruce W. Martin" <yahoo@...> wrote:

        > The test using the second callsign tonight worked
        > just fine.

        Bruce,
        thanks for the report.

        It dawned on me that this might be a truncated
        variable problem, due to long callsigns.

        So I changed my D700A to my US callsign (N5SNN), put
        N5SNN and your callsign on the authlist, and now 2
        callsigns on the authlist WORKS!

        cmd:authlist
        AUTHLIST N5SNN, KQ4TV

        To reconfirm, I went back to my Indonesian callsign,
        and one other digi maintainer's callsign, and got RejZ
        again.

        cmd:authlist
        AUTHLIST YD0NXX, YC2WAN

        The difference is the length of the callsign.

        Scott,
        this observation hopefully might help you in fixing
        this bug.

        73 de Paulus - N5SNN / YD0NXX

        Be a better friend, newshound, and
      • Jason KG4WSV
        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 7, 2008
          On Jan 7, 2008 9:24 PM, P. Suryono Adisoemarta <yono_adisoemarta@...> wrote:
          So I changed my D700A to my US callsign (N5SNN), put
          N5SNN and your callsign on the authlist, and now 2
          callsigns on the authlist WORKS!

          cmd:authlist
          AUTHLIST N5SNN, KQ4TV

          To reconfirm, I went back to my Indonesian callsign,
          and one other digi maintainer's callsign, and got RejZ
          again.

          cmd:authlist
          AUTHLIST YD0NXX, YC2WAN

          The difference is the length of the callsign.

          hmm, my callsign works fine (kg4wsv), but it's the only one on the list.  I have my T2 temporarily hosed up, so I can't add any test data to the discussion...

          -Jason
          kg4wsv

        • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 7, 2008
            Jason,

            One callsign on authlist, regardless of length, always
            works.

            The problem that I got was after adding a second
            callsign, then I got a Reject (regardless of which
            callsign I use to send the message). Both callsigns
            are of 6 chars of length.

            But 2 callsigns of 5 chars length, works fine, as
            reported by Bruce and I can duplicate it.

            So, whenever you got the chance to work on your T2,
            try adding a second callsign on authlist of 6 chars
            length, and see if you got a Reject or not.

            73 de Paulus

            --- Jason KG4WSV <kg4wsv@...> wrote:

            > On Jan 7, 2008 9:24 PM, P. Suryono Adisoemarta
            > <yono_adisoemarta@...>
            > wrote:
            >
            > > So I changed my D700A to my US callsign (N5SNN),
            > put
            > > N5SNN and your callsign on the authlist, and now 2
            > > callsigns on the authlist WORKS!
            > >
            > > cmd:authlist
            > > AUTHLIST N5SNN, KQ4TV
            > >
            > > To reconfirm, I went back to my Indonesian
            > callsign,
            > > and one other digi maintainer's callsign, and got
            > RejZ
            > > again.
            > >
            > > cmd:authlist
            > > AUTHLIST YD0NXX, YC2WAN
            > >
            > > The difference is the length of the callsign.
            >

            > hmm, my callsign works fine (kg4wsv), but it's the
            > only one on the list. I
            > have my T2 temporarily hosed up, so I can't add any
            > test data to the
            > discussion...
            >
            > -Jason
            > kg4wsv

            Looking for last minute shopping deals?
            Message 5 of 20 , Jan 7, 2008
              Ok, I'm guessing that what must be going on is that a terminating null
              is getting written to the authlist table when a call is added. If
              that's the last call, it won't affect anything. If it's not, it'll wipe
              out the next call in the list. Now that I know it's length-related,
              I'll see if I can duplicate it.

              Scott

            • Keith VE7GDH
              Message 6 of 20 , Jan 7, 2008
                Scott N1VG wrote...

                > Ok, I'm guessing that what must be going on is that a terminating
                > null is getting written to the authlist table when a call is added.
                > If that's the last call, it won't affect anything. If it's not, it'll
                > wipe out the next call in the list. Now that I know it's
                > length-related, I'll see if I can duplicate it.

                FYI... a few weeks ago, I was giving someone a hand setting up a T2-135
                as a digi. He couldn't add his callsign to the AUTHLIST. I assumed it
                was a syntax error, but later he managed to add my callsign. I did some
                changes remotely. Later, I tried to add his callsign to the AUTHLIST. It
                looked like it worked, but later it wouldn't respond to my commands...
                e.g.

                REJ received for msg. no. 70, W7PFR will NOT have seen the message.

                73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
                Message 7 of 20 , Jan 9, 2008
                  I need to roll back to the last release firmware and test it - maybe I
                  fixed something along the way, because I can't duplicate the problem. I
                  ran through a bunch of adds and deletes with various length callsigns,
                  and the list still looks just fine.

                  Scott

                  P. Suryono Adisoemarta wrote:

                  > --- "Bruce W. Martin" <yahoo@... <mailto:yahoo%40bwm.us>> wrote:
                  >
                  > > The test using the second callsign tonight worked
                  > > just fine.
                  > >

                  > Bruce,
                  > thanks for the report.
                  >
                  > It dawned on me that this might be a truncated
                  > variable problem, due to long callsigns.
                  >
                  > So I changed my D700A to my US callsign (N5SNN), put
                  > N5SNN and your callsign on the authlist, and now 2
                  > callsigns on the authlist WORKS!
                  >
                  > cmd:authlist
                  > AUTHLIST N5SNN, KQ4TV
                  >
                  > To reconfirm, I went back to my Indonesian callsign,
                  > and one other digi maintainer's callsign, and got RejZ
                  > again.
                  >
                  > cmd:authlist
                  > AUTHLIST YD0NXX, YC2WAN
                  >
                  > The difference is the length of the callsign.
                  >
                  > Scott,
                  > this observation hopefully might help you in fixing
                  > this bug.
                  >
                  > 73 de Paulus - N5SNN / YD0NXX

                  > Be a better friend, newshound, and
                  > <http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>

                • Keith VE7GDH
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jan 11, 2008
                    Scott N1VG wrote...

                    > I need to roll back to the last release firmware and test it -
                    > maybe I fixed something along the way, because I can't duplicate
                    > the problem. I ran through a bunch of adds and deletes with
                    > various length callsigns, and the list still looks just fine.

                    I'm using T2-135 version 54433. I can add multiple callsigns to
                    AUTHLIST, but with more than one callsign in the list, it will no longer
                    respond to remote callsigns from any of the authorized callsigns. I
                    could even add a second callsign remotely, but that locked me out after
                    that.

                    73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jan 11, 2008
                      Got it! The problem would only pop up if you had a callsign that was 6
                      characters long AND there was a callsign in the next slot. It was just
                      a strcmp() that should have been a strncmp(). It'll go out in the next
                      update.

                      Scott

                      Keith VE7GDH wrote:

                      > Scott N1VG wrote...
                      >
                      > > I need to roll back to the last release firmware and test it -
                      > > maybe I fixed something along the way, because I can't duplicate
                      > > the problem. I ran through a bunch of adds and deletes with
                      > > various length callsigns, and the list still looks just fine.
                      >
                      > I'm using T2-135 version 54433. I can add multiple callsigns to
                      > AUTHLIST, but with more than one callsign in the list, it will no longer
                      > respond to remote callsigns from any of the authorized callsigns. I
                      > could even add a second callsign remotely, but that locked me out after
                      > that.
                      >
                      > 73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH

                    • Keith VE7GDH
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jan 11, 2008
                        Scott N1VG wrote...

                        > Got it! The problem would only pop up if you had a callsign that
                        > was 6 characters long AND there was a callsign in the next slot...

                        Hey, that's terrific! That will be good news for the control (cmd)
                        freaks!

                        Is it feed a fever and starve a code? hi!

                        73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH