Re: [tracker2] AUTHLIST COMMAND ACTION

  • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 4, 2008
      Bruce,

      How many callsigns in the authlist when you test
      making the changes?
      Two nights ago I was at another city, and tested on
      another T2 board (proto B), and duplicate the problem
      that more than 1 callsigns on the authlist would
      generate a reject.
      "authlist +yd0nxx" works, but if I add another one
      "authlist +yc2wan" then I got a reject.

      Could you try having 2 callsigns on the authlist and
      duplicate this observation?

      73 de Paulus - N5SNN/YD0NXX

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 5, 2008
        If you're getting a repeatable REJ problem with your authlist and you're
        sure there are no extra spaces, grab a config file from the tracker and
        send it to me. I haven't been able to duplicate the problem yet myself.
        The config would tell me if it's in the code that creates the list, or
        the part that reads it.

      • Bruce W. Martin
        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 7, 2008
          On Jan 4, 2008, at 5:44 PM, P. Suryono Adisoemarta wrote:

          > Bruce,
          >
          > How many callsigns in the authlist when you test
          > making the changes?

          Initially I had two but it was not working until I deleted all and put
          in just one.

          > Two nights ago I was at another city, and tested on
          > another T2 board (proto B), and duplicate the problem
          > that more than 1 callsigns on the authlist would
          > generate a reject.
          > "authlist +yd0nxx" works, but if I add another one
          > "authlist +yc2wan" then I got a reject.
          >
          > Could you try having 2 callsigns on the authlist and
          > duplicate this observation?

          I put in a second callsign in the authlist and was able to make
          changes in the OT2 this morning using the callsign in the first
          position. I need to test tonight with the other callsign.

          Bruce

          --
          Bruce W. Martin, KQ4TV
          Tennessee Balloon Group, NT4BG
          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 7, 2008
            The test using the second callsign tonight worked just fine.

            Bruce

            On Jan 7, 2008, at 9:06 AM, Bruce W. Martin wrote:

            > On Jan 4, 2008, at 5:44 PM, P. Suryono Adisoemarta wrote:
            >

            >> Bruce,
            >>
            >> How many callsigns in the authlist when you test
            >> making the changes?
            >
            > Initially I had two but it was not working until I deleted all and put
            > in just one.
            >
            >> Two nights ago I was at another city, and tested on
            >> another T2 board (proto B), and duplicate the problem
            >> that more than 1 callsigns on the authlist would
            >> generate a reject.
            >> "authlist +yd0nxx" works, but if I add another one
            >> "authlist +yc2wan" then I got a reject.
            >>
            >> Could you try having 2 callsigns on the authlist and
            >> duplicate this observation?
            >
            > I put in a second callsign in the authlist and was able to make
            > changes in the OT2 this morning using the callsign in the first
            > position. I need to test tonight with the other callsign.
            >
            > Bruce
            >

            >> 73 de Paulus - N5SNN/YD0NXX
            >>

            >> --- "Bruce W. Martin" <yahoo@...> wrote:
            >>
            >>> After finally getting my Truck out of the shop I was
            >>> able to test the
            >>> remote management of the OT2m. I finally was able to
            >>> make two changes
            >>> remotely. I finally got it to work after deleting
            >>> all of the auth
            >>> callsigns and putting one back in. I am pretty sure
            >>> that a space was
            >>> in the first one because I could not remove it until
            >>> I put in the
            >>> extra space. Probably needs a note in the Docs or
            >>> FAQ. I will put in
            >>> another tonight and test it and report again.
            >>>
            >>> For the new Website:
            >>>
            >>> Docs need some examples of remote admin.
            >>>
            >>> More Later,
            >>>
            >>> Bruce, KQ4TV

            >>> the + and the

            >>> commands
            >>> then I

            > --
            > Bruce W. Martin, KQ4TV
            > Tennessee Balloon Group, NT4BG
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
            Message 5 of 20 , Jan 7, 2008
              --- "Bruce W. Martin" <yahoo@...> wrote:

              > The test using the second callsign tonight worked
              > just fine.

              Bruce,
              thanks for the report.

              It dawned on me that this might be a truncated
              variable problem, due to long callsigns.

              So I changed my D700A to my US callsign (N5SNN), put
              N5SNN and your callsign on the authlist, and now 2
              callsigns on the authlist WORKS!

              cmd:authlist
              AUTHLIST N5SNN, KQ4TV

              To reconfirm, I went back to my Indonesian callsign,
              and one other digi maintainer's callsign, and got RejZ
              again.

              cmd:authlist
              AUTHLIST YD0NXX, YC2WAN

              The difference is the length of the callsign.

              Scott,
              this observation hopefully might help you in fixing
              this bug.

              73 de Paulus - N5SNN / YD0NXX

              Be a better friend, newshound, and
            • Jason KG4WSV
              Message 6 of 20 , Jan 7, 2008
                On Jan 7, 2008 9:24 PM, P. Suryono Adisoemarta <yono_adisoemarta@...> wrote:
                So I changed my D700A to my US callsign (N5SNN), put
                N5SNN and your callsign on the authlist, and now 2
                callsigns on the authlist WORKS!

                cmd:authlist
                AUTHLIST N5SNN, KQ4TV

                To reconfirm, I went back to my Indonesian callsign,
                and one other digi maintainer's callsign, and got RejZ
                again.

                cmd:authlist
                AUTHLIST YD0NXX, YC2WAN

                The difference is the length of the callsign.

                hmm, my callsign works fine (kg4wsv), but it's the only one on the list.  I have my T2 temporarily hosed up, so I can't add any test data to the discussion...

                -Jason
                kg4wsv

              • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
                Message 7 of 20 , Jan 7, 2008
                  Jason,

                  One callsign on authlist, regardless of length, always
                  works.

                  The problem that I got was after adding a second
                  callsign, then I got a Reject (regardless of which
                  callsign I use to send the message). Both callsigns
                  are of 6 chars of length.

                  But 2 callsigns of 5 chars length, works fine, as
                  reported by Bruce and I can duplicate it.

                  So, whenever you got the chance to work on your T2,
                  try adding a second callsign on authlist of 6 chars
                  length, and see if you got a Reject or not.

                  73 de Paulus

                  --- Jason KG4WSV <kg4wsv@...> wrote:

                  > On Jan 7, 2008 9:24 PM, P. Suryono Adisoemarta
                  > <yono_adisoemarta@...>
                  > wrote:
                  >
                  > > So I changed my D700A to my US callsign (N5SNN),
                  > put
                  > > N5SNN and your callsign on the authlist, and now 2
                  > > callsigns on the authlist WORKS!
                  > >
                  > > cmd:authlist
                  > > AUTHLIST N5SNN, KQ4TV
                  > >
                  > > To reconfirm, I went back to my Indonesian
                  > callsign,
                  > > and one other digi maintainer's callsign, and got
                  > RejZ
                  > > again.
                  > >
                  > > cmd:authlist
                  > > AUTHLIST YD0NXX, YC2WAN
                  > >
                  > > The difference is the length of the callsign.
                  >

                  > hmm, my callsign works fine (kg4wsv), but it's the
                  > only one on the list. I
                  > have my T2 temporarily hosed up, so I can't add any
                  > test data to the
                  > discussion...
                  >
                  > -Jason
                  > kg4wsv

                  Looking for last minute shopping deals?
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jan 7, 2008
                    Ok, I'm guessing that what must be going on is that a terminating null
                    is getting written to the authlist table when a call is added. If
                    that's the last call, it won't affect anything. If it's not, it'll wipe
                    out the next call in the list. Now that I know it's length-related,
                    I'll see if I can duplicate it.

                  • Keith VE7GDH
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jan 7, 2008
                      Scott N1VG wrote...

                      > Ok, I'm guessing that what must be going on is that a terminating
                      > null is getting written to the authlist table when a call is added.
                      > If that's the last call, it won't affect anything. If it's not, it'll
                      > wipe out the next call in the list. Now that I know it's
                      > length-related, I'll see if I can duplicate it.

                      FYI... a few weeks ago, I was giving someone a hand setting up a T2-135
                      as a digi. He couldn't add his callsign to the AUTHLIST. I assumed it
                      was a syntax error, but later he managed to add my callsign. I did some
                      changes remotely. Later, I tried to add his callsign to the AUTHLIST. It
                      looked like it worked, but later it wouldn't respond to my commands...
                      e.g.

                      REJ received for msg. no. 70, W7PFR will NOT have seen the message.

                      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jan 9, 2008
                        I need to roll back to the last release firmware and test it - maybe I
                        fixed something along the way, because I can't duplicate the problem. I
                        ran through a bunch of adds and deletes with various length callsigns,
                        and the list still looks just fine.

                        Scott

                        P. Suryono Adisoemarta wrote:

                        > --- "Bruce W. Martin" <yahoo@... <mailto:yahoo%40bwm.us>> wrote:
                        >
                        > > The test using the second callsign tonight worked
                        > > just fine.
                        > >

                        > Bruce,
                        > thanks for the report.
                        >
                        > It dawned on me that this might be a truncated
                        > variable problem, due to long callsigns.
                        >
                        > So I changed my D700A to my US callsign (N5SNN), put
                        > N5SNN and your callsign on the authlist, and now 2
                        > callsigns on the authlist WORKS!
                        >
                        > cmd:authlist
                        > AUTHLIST N5SNN, KQ4TV
                        >
                        > To reconfirm, I went back to my Indonesian callsign,
                        > and one other digi maintainer's callsign, and got RejZ
                        > again.
                        >
                        > cmd:authlist
                        > AUTHLIST YD0NXX, YC2WAN
                        >
                        > The difference is the length of the callsign.
                        >
                        > Scott,
                        > this observation hopefully might help you in fixing
                        > this bug.
                        >
                        > 73 de Paulus - N5SNN / YD0NXX

                        > Be a better friend, newshound, and
                        > <http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>

                      • Keith VE7GDH
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jan 11, 2008
                          Scott N1VG wrote...

                          > I need to roll back to the last release firmware and test it -
                          > maybe I fixed something along the way, because I can't duplicate
                          > the problem. I ran through a bunch of adds and deletes with
                          > various length callsigns, and the list still looks just fine.

                          I'm using T2-135 version 54433. I can add multiple callsigns to
                          AUTHLIST, but with more than one callsign in the list, it will no longer
                          respond to remote callsigns from any of the authorized callsigns. I
                          could even add a second callsign remotely, but that locked me out after
                          that.

                          73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jan 11, 2008
                            Got it! The problem would only pop up if you had a callsign that was 6
                            characters long AND there was a callsign in the next slot. It was just
                            a strcmp() that should have been a strncmp(). It'll go out in the next
                            update.

                            Scott

                            Keith VE7GDH wrote:

                            > Scott N1VG wrote...
                            >
                            > > I need to roll back to the last release firmware and test it -
                            > > maybe I fixed something along the way, because I can't duplicate
                            > > the problem. I ran through a bunch of adds and deletes with
                            > > various length callsigns, and the list still looks just fine.
                            >
                            > I'm using T2-135 version 54433. I can add multiple callsigns to
                            > AUTHLIST, but with more than one callsign in the list, it will no longer
                            > respond to remote callsigns from any of the authorized callsigns. I
                            > could even add a second callsign remotely, but that locked me out after
                            > that.
                            >
                            > 73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH

                          • Keith VE7GDH
                            Message 13 of 20 , Jan 11, 2008
                              Scott N1VG wrote...

                              > Got it! The problem would only pop up if you had a callsign that
                              > was 6 characters long AND there was a callsign in the next slot...

                              Hey, that's terrific! That will be good news for the control (cmd)
                              freaks!

                              Is it feed a fever and starve a code? hi!

                              73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH