Re: [tracker2] T2 & Ultimeter II compatibility?

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 8, 2007
      > Ok I created a "Y" cable to separate the the A and B ports. I want to
      > hook my javAPRSSrvr and Ultimeter II to the T2. Is there a preferred
      > port for each of these?

      The ports should be identical, except for the lack of a console function
      on port B.

      > If the ports be set to AUTO and I hook up javAPRSSrvr to a port do I
      > need to do anything to initialize into KISS and when I quit how do I
      > take it out?

      You'd have to add the AMODE or BMODE KISS command. Better to leave the
      port in that mode all the time if that's an option.

      > I tried putting javAPRSSrvr on Port A and the Ultimeter II on Port B
      > with both set as AUTO. Part of the initialization from javAPRSSrvr was
      > to send AMODE KISS. That did not seem to work.

      Try /*AMODE KISS*/ instead.

      > I still need to check the radio side. I am using a FT-2600 and when I
      > set the Squelch to off the busy lamp on the radio stayed on all of the
      > time and the RX lamp on the T2 went off. If I set the Squelch to
      > anything other than off the RX lamp on the T2 stayed on all of the
      > time and the busy lamp on the radio went off and only came on when it
      > was receiving some signal.

      There's a TXINVERT option if it's backwards, and you can also use SWDCD,
      which is usually preferred anyway.