Re: [tracker2] Remote Administration

  • Jason KG4WSV
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 7, 2007
      On Dec 7, 2007 12:55 PM, Bruce W. Martin <yahoo@...> wrote:

      I sent:
             echo /*INTERVAL 600*/ > /dev/ttyS0
             echo /*COMMENT OT2 Testing*/ > /dev/ttyS0
             echo /*cmd COMMENT OT2 Testing*/ > /dev/ttyS0

      None of these seem to work. Any ideas/clarification.

      baud rate and other comm settings are not set this way, plus you don't get to see any feedback.  use your favorite terminal application - minicom, kermit (yes, I am a dinosaur), etc, so that you can set the baud rate, stop bits, parity, and flow control correctly.

      -Jason
      kg4wsv

    • Chris Kantarjiev
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 8, 2007
        > > echo /*cmd COMMENT OT2 Testing*/ > /dev/ttyS0
        > >
        > > None of these seem to work. Any ideas/clarification.
        >

        > baud rate and other comm settings are not set this way, plus you don't get
        > to see any feedback. use your favorite terminal application - minicom,
        > kermit (yes, I am a dinosaur), etc, so that you can set the baud rate, stop
        > bits, parity, and flow control correctly.

        One cheat that sometimes works is to say

        cat < /dev/ttyS0 &

        to hold the terminal open, then use stty to set the speed, etc
        before using echo.

        But minicom/kermit is more reliable.

        73 de chris K6DBG