Remote Administration

  • Bruce W. Martin
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 7, 2007
      I have been reading about remote administration of the OT2.

      > If you put your callsign in the AUTHLIST, you could do that remotely
      > via an
      > APRS message.
      >
      > AUTHLIST +/-<callsign>

      Is the Callsign for the authlist good for any SSID or is it SSID
      specific? AA4VU vs. AA4VU-13

      > With the "authlist" out of the way, you could send a message to
      > KD7ULH-9...
      >
      > cmd VOLTAGE OFF

      Any quotes or other delimiters required?

      I have also tried logging into the Linux machine running my Igate that
      is connected to the OT2m.

      I sent:
      echo /*INTERVAL 600*/ > /dev/ttyS0
      echo /*COMMENT OT2 Testing*/ > /dev/ttyS0
      echo /*cmd COMMENT OT2 Testing*/ > /dev/ttyS0

      None of these seem to work. Any ideas/clarification.

      Bruce

      --
      Bruce W. Martin, KQ4TV
      Trustee for NT4UX
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 7, 2007
        > Is the Callsign for the authlist good for any SSID or is it SSID
        > specific? AA4VU vs. AA4VU-13

        Any SSID. Just enter the callsign.

        > Any quotes or other delimiters required?

        Nope.

        > I sent:
        > echo /*INTERVAL 600*/ > /dev/ttyS0
        > echo /*COMMENT OT2 Testing*/ > /dev/ttyS0
        > echo /*cmd COMMENT OT2 Testing*/ > /dev/ttyS0
        >
        > None of these seem to work. Any ideas/clarification.

        Have you used stty to set the baud rate? I think I had to do that on my
        Linux box before I could do anything with it from the command line.

        Scott
      • Jason KG4WSV
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 7, 2007
          On Dec 7, 2007 12:55 PM, Bruce W. Martin <yahoo@...> wrote:

          I sent:
                 echo /*INTERVAL 600*/ > /dev/ttyS0
                 echo /*COMMENT OT2 Testing*/ > /dev/ttyS0
                 echo /*cmd COMMENT OT2 Testing*/ > /dev/ttyS0

          None of these seem to work. Any ideas/clarification.

          baud rate and other comm settings are not set this way, plus you don't get to see any feedback.  use your favorite terminal application - minicom, kermit (yes, I am a dinosaur), etc, so that you can set the baud rate, stop bits, parity, and flow control correctly.

          -Jason
          kg4wsv

        • Chris Kantarjiev
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 8, 2007
            > > echo /*cmd COMMENT OT2 Testing*/ > /dev/ttyS0
            > >
            > > None of these seem to work. Any ideas/clarification.
            >

            > baud rate and other comm settings are not set this way, plus you don't get
            > to see any feedback. use your favorite terminal application - minicom,
            > kermit (yes, I am a dinosaur), etc, so that you can set the baud rate, stop
            > bits, parity, and flow control correctly.

            One cheat that sometimes works is to say

            cat < /dev/ttyS0 &

            to hold the terminal open, then use stty to set the speed, etc
            before using echo.

            But minicom/kermit is more reliable.

            73 de chris K6DBG