Re: [tracker2] T2 Deaf?

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 7, 2007
      I've had a couple of reports, but nothing consistent. You're always
      welcome to send it back for testing, and I'll run a full decode test
      against it to see how it compares to the baseline - that'd tell us if
      there's a problem with your specific unit.

      Also, what is your power setup? I've had at least one report of bad
      decode performance that was caused by a noisy power system. Switching
      to battery power made the problem go away.

      I've had at least a couple of people report specifically that their T2
      did BETTER than AGWPE, and while I won't guarantee that'll always be the
      case it ought to be close.

      Scott

      Tim Smith wrote:

      > > Take a look at
      > > t2protoc-schematic.png , Schematic for Proto C revision
      > > in the files section and you'll see the EQ jumper and C25 (.1) that
      > > gets put in parallel with C1 (.01).
      >
      > Thanks Hank...that sheds some light on the input circuit, but I'm
      > still having problems with the T2 being either a little deaf or not
      > decoding a number of packets for other reasons. I do not see much of
      > a difference in EQ jumper impact, either in decoded packets or what I
      > see on the scope in terms of mark/space levels. Both radios I have
      > tried are discriminator-tapped (Icom and Alinco)...which are fixed
      > level, but also tried full audio chain as well. In all cases, the
      > software TNC is hearing much better than the T2.
      >
      > Scott...I did some side by side tests when deploying the T2 at our
      > digi site. In comparing with two different radios using AGWPE with a
      > SBII sound card, I was seeing the expected packets being decoded.
      > However, when replacing the sound card TNC with the T2, I'm missing
      > about 20% of the packets. I tried a wide range of levels from 50mv to
      > 2v ptp. There is one station that the T2 will not receive at all
      > despite EQ settings, audio levels, etc (which happens to be an
      > adjacent wide area digi).
      >
      > I began to notice this at home when letting the trial run in prep for
      > the wide digi installation.
      >
      > Anyone else seeing problems with T2 deafness?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Tim

    • Tim Smith
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 9, 2007

        > I've had a couple of reports, but nothing consistent. You're always
        > welcome to send it back for testing, and I'll run a full decode test
        > against it to see how it compares to the baseline - that'd tell us if
        > there's a problem with your specific unit.

        Thanks Scott...going to try a couple of more things and if no
        progress, I'll take you up on your offer. -Tim