Re: [tracker2] T2-135 Speed and Course not always reported

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2007
      I think this may be dependent on the timing of the data coming from the
      GPS receiver. I've seen it happen occasionally myself after some
      changes to the GPS sentence validity logic. I'll check it out.

      Scott

      Roland wrote:

      > Hello Scott,
      >
      > I have a remark of the T2-135.
      > The speed an course is not always reported.
      > See this screenshot of UI-View:
      >
      > http://www.xs4all.nl/~pd2rld79/opslag/ui-view.jpg
      > <http://www.xs4all.nl/~pd2rld79/opslag/ui-view.jpg>
      >
      > It doesn't matter how I configure the T2-135, sometimes it reports not
      > the speed/course in it's beacon.
      >
      > I don't know if this a known issue...
      >
      > 73's,
      >
      > Roland.

    • Bob Burns W9RXR
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2007
        At 05:20 PM 12/2/2007, Scott Miller wrote:
        >I've seen it happen occasionally myself after some changes to the
        >GPS sentence validity logic.

        I can't help solve the problem other than say "me, too". I saw it
        just today. I was monitoring my T2-135 with my Kenwood TM-D700.
        Everything looked normal for several beacons, then one came through
        with a valid position, but no course and speed, then the next beacon
        was normal. Note that I have the "GPS accuracy" check box selected in
        both profiles.

        Also, I've noticed that when sending the text field as a Status Text
        with an intermittent rate, I sometimes send beacons with a location
        of N 00 00.000, W 000 00.000. The next beacon has me back where I'm
        supposed to be. I don't know if this is related to the Status Text
        configuration, but when I change the configuration to send the text
        as a Comment, I don't get the null positions.

        Bob...
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2007
          On Dec 4, 2007 8:08 PM, Bob Burns W9RXR <k4rxr_@...> wrote:

          > Also, I've noticed that when sending the text field as a Status Text
          > with an intermittent rate, I sometimes send beacons with a location
          > of N 00 00.000, W 000 00.000. The next beacon has me back where I'm
          > supposed to be. I don't know if this is related to the Status Text
          > configuration, but when I change the configuration to send the text
          > as a Comment, I don't get the null positions.

          And those null positions make my poor old Garmin GPS II plus spit out
          an error about "AN INVALID WAYPOINT HAS BEEN RECEIVED"