Re: [tracker2] More on scripting language

    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 25, 2007
      The language will have the equivalent of 'peek' and 'poke' instructions,
      too, so it'll be possible to do some of that with digital I/Os. How
      much of the hardware details I'll abstract in the virtual machine
      remains to be decided.

      Even if the VM only does raw PEEKs and POKEs, the programming interface
      could provide some shortcuts for the standard I/Os. The first version
      will probably rely on some address tables, though - if you want to set
      an I/O pin, you'll have to set the data direction register and then the
      pin state manually.

      Scott