GPS waypoints with status / comment

  • Lyle Tanner
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 21, 2007
      With my Garmin eMap in the hands of thieves, I am looking to replace
      it. When used with the Tracker2, my eMap did a great job of showing
      APRS stations in the waypoint list. However, it did not show the
      comment or status field. I am not sure if this is a limitation of the
      Garmin eMap or Garmin's waypoint system.

      Is there a handheld GPS that can display the status and/or the comment
      field of APRS stations?
    • Lyle Tanner
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 24, 2007
        Bump.

        Does the Garmin GPS 60CSx show the status / comment field in the APRS
        waypoints learned from the tracker2?

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 25, 2007
          I think this already got answered, but just in case - I really like the
          Garmin GPSmap 60CS (and the newer CSx). I used my 60CS to chase my
          high-altitude balloon when my laptop failed. Worked great.

          Scott

          Lyle Tanner wrote:

          > With my Garmin eMap in the hands of thieves, I am looking to replace
          > it. When used with the Tracker2, my eMap did a great job of showing
          > APRS stations in the waypoint list. However, it did not show the
          > comment or status field. I am not sure if this is a limitation of the
          > Garmin eMap or Garmin's waypoint system.
          >
          > Is there a handheld GPS that can display the status and/or the comment
          > field of APRS stations?

        • Lyle Tanner
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 25, 2007
            Thank you for clarifying that the Garmin GPS 60 CS (and 60 CSx) does
            show the comment / status field.

            My Garmin eMap GPS did not show the status / comment field, even in
            Garmin mode, so I assume that there may be some other models do NOT