Re: [tracker2] Firmware Updates

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 14, 2007
      Actually, you CAN install the T2 Proto C firmware on the T2-135, and in
      fact it'll make the blinking lights a little more useful. Since they're
      only useful when you open up the case, though, it's not much of a gain.

      Eventually the T2-135 will probably have a separate firmware release.
      Right now, the firmware automatically detects what hardware it's running
      on, and adjusts some features - temperature and voltage readings aren't
      shown for the T2-135, for example. It takes up more firmware space,
      though, so eventually it will get split out.

      But back to your question - no, you don't need to erase and reload
      unless you want to wipe out your configuration and start over. The only
      exception to this is when there's a major change in the firmware and the
      configuration structure changes. In that case, it will force you to
      erase the configuration if you want to upgrade.

      If you're afraid of losing your configuration, use the DISPLAY command
      to get a human-readable list of all of the settings. You can save that
      and paste it back in later, even if the format changes.

      Scott