Re: [tracker2] Re: Firmware updates

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 9, 2007
      The freepository site only has the source code, which you only need if
      you're going to modify and compile it yourself.

      The compiled code is at http://n1vg.net/opentracker/downloads.php, and
      I'll probably be creating a new page for it before long.

      You can also just click on the 'Web' button in the config program and
      select the firmware from the list.

      The Proto C version differs from the production version in the resistors
      used in the voltage divider that measures supply voltage. The larger
      resistor is now 30k. And no, you don't really need to change.

      Scott

      baby_boffin wrote:

      > I'm a little confused about where to find the updated firmware and
      > configuration program are on the Internet - I've tried looking at
      >
      > https://svn.freepository.com/50lItuLQ7fW6s-web/wiki
      > <https://svn.freepository.com/50lItuLQ7fW6s-web/wiki>
      >
      > and I cannot see any files !
      >
      > I have one of the beta T2 and I am also a little lost on the
      > discussion about resistor values. What and why do I have to change and
      > is it really necessary ?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > James G1PVZ

    • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 9, 2007
        --- Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:

        > Also relating to weather, the Tracker2's Ultimeter
        > II support has been
        > tweaked slightly.

        How about the ability to print WX beacons to the
        command line so that transmission can be igated? Any
        chance to add it on the next iteration?

        73 de Paulus N5SNN

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Chris Kantarjiev
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 11, 2007
          Has anyone else updated their proto C with the new firmware? I seem to
          have correct LED operations, but bogus voltage (18.3V?).

          Seems like a resistor change is in my future, since this is a bit of a
          nuisance.

          73 de chris K6DBG
        • dondorgram
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 13, 2007
            I updated my new OT2m with Tracker 2 firmware from the web and also my
            Proto C versions by clicking on the "Proto C and earlier" firmware.

            The OT2m voltage reads OK, but the Proto C's read 18.4v or so. I
            thought one of the reasons for the two firmware versions was to negate
            need to change resistors in the Proto C. Or did I get that wrong?

            Also on the download page http://n1vg.net/opentracker/downloads.php,
            there is only one ot2.s19. Looking at the code it is ver 54412, but
            does not specify if it is the OT2m or "Proto C and earlier" version.

            I have found the Proto Cs sometimes "lose their memory" and I need to
            reload the firmware from laptop as one does't always have access to the
            web when on the road. Can both versions be posted on the download page?

            Thanks

            Graham VE6GW